Dylan's two hyper sisters

Hope you enjoy :) and please comment your opinions.

_____________________________

By the time Dylan's done with me, my legs are aching, my back is sore and my eyes feel like they're carrying the entire world on them. Goddamn, I'm tired.

"C'mon, you did well Parkers. Only managed to hit me in the balls once." I stick my tongue out at Dylan and he smiles at me. He stuffs the ball in his bag and gestures for me to follow him. He mimes opening the door and I laugh and shake my head. When I get in, he closes the invisible door and grins at me, winking.

I blush, it's weird having someone like Dylan wink at me. Even when it means nothing more than friendship- or acquaintanceship or something . He gets in next to me and starts up the engine before looking at the time and cursing.

"Fuck," he mutters and bangs his hand against the steering wheel.

"What? What's wrong, please don't tell me it's the car. I always knew this car was-"

"No, Parkers, it's not the friggin' car," he growls, then looks at me apologetically, "Sorry I-I have to go do something. Is that okay? I mean, it'll only tak-"

I nod. "Yeah, it's fine. Sure, of course." He smiles gratefully.

After a couple of minutes, I ask, "Remind me again, what exactly are you going to do right now?"

"Oh, right," he says, "My sisters are in ballet, I needed to go pick them up half an hour ago. Now they're both gonna be fucking pissed."

"I see." He has sisters? "So what's their names?"

Dylan has a small smile on his face as he stares at the road ahead. "They're twins. Macy and Mary."

"You love them, don't you?" I can tell from the way his face lights up as he says their names.

"Hell yeah. I love them like anything. Them, my little brother and my mom are the only ones I've got."

Only ones? "What about your dad?" His jaw clenches and he takes a deep breath in. I am a naïve and hopeless little girl. 

"Oh him?" he says, his voice bitter. "Nah, he's just the jackass who conceived me."

Great. Boy, do I regret asking that question. The rest of the ride is silent as Dylan stares absently ahead and I stare at anything but him. I've noticed a couple of nice looking trees.

The silence makes me go deeper into my thoughts and I can't help but wonder why Dylan sounded so sour when he talked about his dad. Well, I realize now that that's a bitter subject.

He turns to a corner, a community corner where there are community classes and teenagers or adults that volunteer to help out younger children. My mom used to take me all the time to this place when I was little and I remember her telling me that when I grew up, I should volunteer as well.

I never did.

Crap, so much for fulfilling everything she wanted.

Dylan parks the car in one of the parking spaces and rushes over to two impatient looking girls, sitting near the entrance. They share the same dark hair as Dylan but theirs is way more curly. Looking at the three of them, I can't help but think about how sweet they all look like together. Those little identical girls look like the complete female versions of Dylan. They're tall for their age, slim and walk with confidence.

They're going to be beautiful. They already are.

As they near the car, I feel unwanted. I'm not sure if I should get out and greet them or just stay in the car and feel a bit rude. In the end, Dylan's opening the backseat doors (the real ones, he kept them on this time) and ushering them in, while I turn around and smile at them from the front.