Hiccups are dangerous, beware

Hiccups.

I had hiccups.

That's all that had taken me to go see the nurse, to panic over the fact that I might start choking.

Very paranoid. 

And now that I'm here, in this small white clinic, I feel claustrophobic. The walls seem to be dangerously compacted and a familiar shiver runs down my spine.

"So, Jackie, it's nice to see you. Again."

I turn to see Nurse Courtney standing before me with a white clipboard in her hand and a scowl on her face. I guess we passed fake smiles the fifth time I came in here with some seemingly small issue. 

"Oh yeah, hi," I say, playing with my rough hands.

She huffs, her slim fingers scribbling something from unintelligible. "Jackie," she sighs again, "You need to know that what you got, is just hiccups. You're not going to die from it."

"I know that but I was wondering if there was just something that I could take, like a pill? They're just so annoying and I'm totally done with all those weird breathing exercises people are so sure- hic- will work. Like, I'm going to lunch right now and what if I were to be eating and I -hic- choke and, like, fall and die?"

She roll her eyes. "You're not eating now, are you?"

"Well, no, but..."

"Just go to class, Jackie. I'm tired of you making excuses to skip it."

Whoa, she thinks I was coming here just to skip class? I'm here just in case I didn't have one of those many diseases that seem to be on the news nowadays. I'm here because my life is on the line.

Jesus, Jackie, paranoid much?

"I'm not making excuses," I whimper, staring down at my roughly painted nails. I had taken about two minutes to get them all done and when I was, it looked like a volcano of color erupted on each and every one of my fingernails. It wasn't, isn't, pretty.

Nurse Courtney sighs yet again and writes something on a slip. Her blonde hair is pulled back into a high ponytail and her tight white nurses's outfit seemed to be exposing a little too much. She's wearing probably the biggest high heels on the planet and if it weren't for fact that I hate her, I would be worried she wouldn't make it if the room were to be, I don't know, on fire.

"Mhm...," she murmurs, nodding with her eyebrows raised.

That bitch.

She has everything for the sexy nurse down, what with her tight outfit, fake glasses and bright red lips that almost every guy in the school has dreamed of kissing at least once. Not to mention her long legs that she stretches out in front of any person she seems to be interested in. It makes me sick, just looking at her.

There are many stories regarding her forbidden regions, half of which I'd have to ask for forgiveness to be able to tell. 

I was about to tell her about the fact that if I didn't stop hiccuping and I started to choke, I would probably be sprawled all over the white tiles of the floor where I would be choking on my own spit and gasping for air. Something people die of, very often. Well, I assume. 

But I can't tell her any of this because the door suddenly bursts open and soccer players fill the room, each of them shouting something different.

In panic, I let out another yelp and jump up as the players swarm around me. This clinic is small enough. 

"Nurse! He fell!" yells one of the players. I couldn't really see him but I could hear him taking up deep breaths. I wonder whether he realized that he was basically sucking up most of the oxygen in this room and if it weren't for the window having been open there's a slight chance, in my logic, that we would suffocate and die.