Session number two and the many problems with it

Hope you enjoy :)

____________________________________________________

"An STD," I repeat, feeling the words in my mouth. It's not possible. How could Allie get an STD if both Alex and her only ever slept with each other? "You've got an STD."

Allie sniffs and lets out a sob. Tears well up in her eyes. "I know." Hiccup. "I have chlamydia!" she cries and falls into my open arms.

I hold her and let her speak. Partly to comfort her and partly because I don't know what to say right now.

She turns her head over on my shoulder so that she can speak and says, "Normally people don't know because sometimes there isn't any symptoms." she says quietly. 

"So how'd you know?"

"I was peeing-"

I wince and she stops suddenly. "Go on," I choke out.

"-and it kind of burned. I thought it was, like, a urine infection or something. So when I went to the doctor's for some sort of medicine, sh-she told me that I had... it." Allie squeezes her eyes shut and lets out another sob. "Did you know that it may affect me when I want children?" Hiccup. "Can you believe it, Jackie? What if my baby doesn't turn out right?"

"Okay, let's not think about that. Is it- Did Alex, like, give it to you?" I whisper, stroking her hair. I try not to think about the fact that Alex might have cheated on her and did this. 

But that's when she jolts back and the tears fall freely down her face. "No."

"Oh my God, Allie."

She didn't. She wouldn't. Not to Alex. Not to the guy she's in love with. 

"I cheated on him!" she cries. "I cheated on the most wonderful guy in the world! I'm a whore! I'm a freaking slut!"

"C'mon Allie, calm dow-"

"No! Do you even know who I cheated on him with? Matt! Matt freaking Gorge! I love Alex, Jackie, I love him. I'm a terrible, terrible person." She's crying so much by now and her face is all swollen. I don't know what to say. Inside I feel like she is a horrible person for doing that. But another part of me, the best friend of Allie, tells me that I should just be here for her. 

"Allie, baby, when? When did this happen?" I ask calmly, my eyes sadly searching her face.

"Last weekend," she whispers, squeezing her eyes shut. "I went- I went to a party a-and Alex didn't want to go and you were with Dylan or something. Then I got drunk and Matt..." Her voice grows smaller. I can tell she feels horrible, but somehow that just isn't enough. 

I don't need to hear anything else. "You need to tell him," I say, "He needs to know because he probably has it as well."

"Yeah. But it's not so hard to cure. In fact, it's really easy. The problem is, Jackie, I cheated on the person I love the most. You know we had plans? We were both going to apply to the same uni and continue to date and then get married and have kids and..." She stares at her hands. "Now... now he probably won't want to apply to any universities in the West. Maybe not in the whole of America."

"Are you going to tell him?"

She looks up at me. "I need to, right? I have to. For me, for him. If we break up... I have no reason to blame anyone but myself."

"Yes, you have to." I'm trying not to say anything too harshly, but that doesn't come out too well. "But you're a good person, Allie, I know you are. He may understand."