The Incident

I know this is a little late. But in my defense, school started and I've been spending most of my time whining about it and how much I hate my timetable. Like, I have double Spanish. And double Humanities. And double CT. And double Science.

It's like they want us to hang ourselves.

Plus, we went on this mini road trip this weekend so I didn't have time cuz I got sick cuz I'm the one who ended up sleeping on the cold hard ground with nothing but the thinnest sleeping bag in the world -_-

So yeah, :/. Now my voice is all cracky and gruff cuz of my sore throat and the only thing I can do is laugh along with my kiths about it. But at least I got up from my lazyass to turn the computer on and write, right?

Right.

Not a good enough excuse, I know.

And Allie is being played by Amber Heard. In case anyone cares.

Hope you guys enjoy :) Back to Jackie.

____________________________

"I may look happy, but honestly dear, 

the only way I'll really smile is if you cut me ear to ear."  

- Bring Me the Horizon, Chelsea Smile

Dad clears his throat and sets his fork down on the table, gaining the attention of all of us. I look up from my mashed potatoes and keep my eyes on him, only him. Definitely not at the person sitting next to him.

"You guys wanted to meet the woman I've been seeing," Dad says, pointedly looking at Tracy, "And now she's here. Don't you want to talk?"

No. I have no need, whatsoever, to chat with Ms. Gills. And it's pretty damn obvious that Tracy doesn't either, even thought she's the one who's been pestering Dad to invite her to dinner.

Such a stupid idea, why does she do this to me?

Brianna clears her throat, eyeing Ms. Gills, or Gina, warily. It's obvious she's uncomfortable too with the idea that her dad is teaching her Math teacher. "So, Ms. Gills-"

"Call me Gina," Ms. Gills says, quickly, smiling sweetly at her.

Call me Gina,

I want to mimick in a high pitched, nasally voice.

"Um, okay." Brianna's eyes quickly flick over to me and then back at Gina. "So, yeah, have you been married before?"

Whoa, Bri, way to get personal. But on the other hand, I'd really like to know that answer.

"No," Gina states, looking over at my dad, "I've never been married and I've never had kids."

Maybe there's a reason for that. Maybe she's some psychopath killer and dates a series of widowers with teenage daughters so that she can murder them at night solely for her own sick sense of amusement.

Here that Dad? I say we kick her out right now before any damage is done.

"Oh, okay," Brianna says, smiling her big, fake smile she reserves for stupid people. Or in this case, our dad's girlfriend.

"Any serious boyfriends?" Tracy asks, narrowing her eyes at her and taking a sip from her glass.

"In high school, yes, but we broke up in college. Wasn't working out," she says.