Lightsabers in disguise

Dedicated to @JayKayGee because your comments make me smile :) you're amazing.

_________________________________________

I've always watched Dylan play soccer. He would move so gracefully on the field, as if soccer wasn't just a game to him, but a form of art. He made it look so easy, like, handling the ball and getting it towards the other end without losing it was the easiest thing alive. And then he would deliver perfect passes that flawlessly went towards the person he was aiming at. Sure, many of the other players did too, but Dylan was more interesting to watch.

But my favorite part when Dylan is playing is when he's just running with the ball. He moves so fast, it's like he's on air instead of on the ground. Watching Dylan play is simply amazing.

I'm thinking about him and how graceful he is as my dad stand before me, yelling. Maybe it's because of what happened in the truck but Dylan seems to be the only thing on my mind right now. 

"Young lady, not only do you leave, but you don't even call to tell me that you're not coming home! Do you even realize how worried I was?" Dad demands, crossing his arms over his chest and glaring at me.

I look down guiltily, "I know." Because, honestly, there is no right way to get out of this situation. 

"I know. Is that all you can say? I almost called the police! I thought someone had kidnapped you! Especially since you didn't even tell anyone that you were leaving!"

I honestly thought everyone would be so preoccupied with their own problems, their own lives to really notice. 

My head jerks up. "Tracy and Brianna knew!"

"Well, obviously they didn't know enough because they didn't notify me anything!"

"Right, because you would actually listen or care," I say sarcastically before I can stop myself.

"Of course I would listen, you're my daughter!"

I stand up in rage and stare him down. "Really? Am I your daughter? Do you really treat me the way you treat everyone else? Think about it, Dad, when was the last time you actually asked me how my day was like? Huh? Isn't that what dads do?"

"Don't turn this on me, Jackie Marie Parkers, you listen to me. I am your father and I have the right to know where you are on a Saturday night!"

Okay, I realize that I made a mistake and I really should've at least texted him, but he's taking this to a whole new level. Who does he think he is, anyway? He's never told me where he is before, he would just go out and come back, expecting a meal. He's never cared before about me, about my life. Why the hell is he starting now? "Fine! I was babysitting, okay? As a favor for a friend!"

"A boyfriend?"

"No. I mean yes. No, I mean," I take a deep breath, "yes, it was a boy. But, no, he's not my boyfriend. Never will be."

"Are you sure about that? Because I'm sure you guys were getting all hot and heavy in the-"

"No! No, no, no, no! We didn't even have a proper kiss, for God's sake! It's a misunderstanding, that's all!"

"Don't shout at me! I am your father," he says again, "you have no right to use that tone with me!"

"I will use this tone with you and I'll only stop when you start acting like a father!" I growl, and try to make my way past him but he blocks it. God, what I just said was terrible and snobbish. But I can't take it back now.

"What did you say?" he says slowly, but his voice is scary.

"I said nothing," I say in a feeble attempt for him to forget about the whole thing. I don't want any trouble. The way things were were fine, him not talking to me and me not talking to him is... fine.