Dylan's 'crazy' family

Hope you enjoy :) and plz comment your opinions. OH, and by the way (BTW, whatever), by 'shirt' I mean 'tee'. Sorry about that.

_____________________________

I wait in my bedroom patiently, expecting Dylan to come by any minute, either through the door or my window. But it's past four in the evening right now, and he still hasn't showed up. I'm thinking that he might stand me up, but it's not like this is a date and, plus, he's the one who told me to do it.

But as the minutes pass by, I'm pretty sure he's not going to show up so I decide to slip off my shorts and tee before settling in in my pajama long bottoms and an old grey shirt that my mom had given me before she died.

Even though I am beyond happy about the fact that I'm not going to be training today, I'm kinda disappointed that I'm not going to see Dylan.

Weird, I know.

Anyway, this stupid crush on him has to go away. I need to look past his body and looks and the fact that he's not stupid. I seriously need to, because there is no way he's ever going to look at me in that way.

"Jackie!" Brianna calls from downstairs, "Come down, there's someone here to see you!" she sings. A couple moments later, she bursts in through the door.

"Ohmigod, ohmigod, Dylan- Dylan Harrison is down there to see you!" she squeals and starts jumping up and down.

I begin stuttering uncontrollably as she pulls on my arm and leads me downstairs. Of course I forget everything about my choice of clothing and the fact that, yeah, Dylan Harrison is going to see me in my pajamas.

"Wha- why? No, no, no... practice is cancelled!"

But I have no say in this because as soon as we reach ground level, I see him. He's smiling and blinking as Tracy explains something with a whole lot of hand gestures. But I'm too shocked to really process what she's really saying. All I hear is 'boyfriend' and 'careful'.

"Right," he mutters, fiddling with his hands. He's not exactly dressed up, he just has a loose black tie and a blue shirt with the sleeves rolled up. He stuffs his hands in his baggy jeans and looks past Tracy at... me.

Me in my oversized t-shirt and long pajama bottoms. Just great.

His eyes scan over my body and as they reach back to my angry face, he grins. I glare back at him. His grin grows even wider.

"Hey there, Parkers," he greets.

"Harrison," I acknowledge, holding my chin up and nodding at him. Although the whole 'I'm calling you by your last name thing because it's cool' does not work so well for me. 

"Parkers?" Tracy asks, bewildered, "That's soccer talk right there, her name is Jackie. Not Parkers. I could be Parkers, Bri could be Par-"

"Okay, Trace, we get it," Brianna snaps.

But Dylan's smile remains intact and he raises his eyebrows. "Right. Jackie."

Gah.

"Right." I say.

Tracy rolls her eyes and says, "Well, Dylan's here to pick you up for that dance thingy you have tonight." She wiggles her eyebrows at me, "And since he came at such short notice, have to get you ready!"

No.

No.

No. 

Why is she doing this to me.