62. YOGURT COMMERCIAL (PART 1)

Let's talk quickly about what put this current business in motion — so you had 'Ghost', whacked it on SoundCloud, got a record deal, did an EP, bosh. Did you do all that without a manager?

I got in the studio with a friend Anthony and he was like, 'hey, I know you've got a pretty cool voice. We're writing a commercial for a yoghurt company, do you wanna come in and sing on it and make 500 bucks?'. I was homeless at the time, I'd been kicked out of my parents' house, and it was $500 so I was like, 'yes, absolutely!'. So I came in, started writing this yoghurt commercial and someone turns around and says, 'you're actually a good songwriter'. And I went, 'no, I'm just clever, I'm not a songwriter'. So hours later I get distracted and write 'Ghost', and 'Ghost' is the first vocal I ever cut. That vocal on 'Ghost' is the first vocal I ever cut in my entire life. The song was the first song I'd ever written. So two hours later I've made 'Ghost', I send it to my friend Anthony like, 'we didn't write the commercial, but we did this, what do you think?'.

So you didn't get the commercial?

No, which is probably a good thing!

Does it exist somewhere?

Oh, on someone's hard drive, yes absolutely. I'm sure it'll see the light of day at some point, it's awful. It's about like watermelon, summer and smiles or some shit.

(A/N: i spell yogurt without an h but the writer of the article wrote it like that so ??? idk ???

anyways

SOMEONE FIND THAT COMMERCIAL)

(taken from http://www.popjustice.com/articles/halsey-interview-i-dont-believe-people-who-say-theyre-themselves-all-the-time/139218/)