Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother (Chapter One)

Start from the beginning

There SHE was. Serafina Blac. My sworn to death enemy and next-door neighbor. And by enemy I don't mean a girl that I got into a disagreement with, I mean an ENEMY. Like, if she died, I would go to her funeral just to laugh and say, "You got what you deserved 'Sara' (That's what she's called by her clones and followers, which is basically the entire school minus me.) Ain't karma a pain in the butt?"

Yes. I really do hate her that much, and I have a reason too.

Ever since the beginning of time our families have been sworn enemies. So our families are ALWAYS in a competition with one another.

Like how my family has four people, their family had to have five people, even though when my mother met first met Mrs. Blac (they didn't realize who each other was) she said she and her husband were done having children, and then suddenly they had another kid after she discovered my mom felt the same way.

Or how they always brag how they're slightly richer than my parents. They don't say it flat out though. It's usually shown through new cars they don't need, or extensions to their house, like the new pool (that was of course, bigger and better than ours, and with a freaking waterfall). I could see Serafina lounging around the pool area now.

She was probably there to make her already beautifully tanned skin even tanner.

And I won't deny it, she IS beautiful. With sparkling blue eyes, and long wavy honey blonde hair, she hardly needed makeup to look pretty, but she always wore it anyways, only making her look better.

Not like me. With my pale white skin dotted in freckles, dull brown eyes, and flat red hair, makeup only helped point out my many flaws.

I watched her flip her honey blonde hair over her shoulder as she lay out on the lounge chair by the pool, and wondered if she thought it was shame that we both went to an all girls private school.

There were no boys to admire her lovely looks there. Then again, she was always going to visit her older brother at his school. He went to an all boys private school with my older brother, and they were in the same grade and class.

And also, just like Serafina was my enemy, Matt, Serafina's older brother, was MY brother's enemy. But unlike me, my older brother, Danny, was better than Matt in everything. Except for math, Matt was always better than Danny in math.

Ironic right?

So technically our families should be tied in this competition, because even though Mr. Blac's company did better than my father's, my mom's parties were always better then Mrs. Blac's parties.

This all made sense because the things that Mr. Blac sold were in higher demand than my father's (I know. I help with my father's inventory and there are some pretty weird things that he sells.) Not to mention Mr. Blac advertises, while my father thinks buying T.V. time slots is a waste of valuable money that puts food on the table. While my mother does party planning for a living so of course her parties were better.

So like I said we should be tied right? Wrong. Why? Because of Serafina's younger sister Kayla.

Kayla doesn't have anyone but an imaginary kid from my family to compete against. And since the kid is imaginary, Kayla's winning. And because Kayla was winning, her family was winning.

Which meant my family was not.

This makes my family angry, and is why we are forbidden to be friends with any of the Blac kids. Not that I care.

I don't like Serafina anyways, and I've never met Matt.

In fact since we go to two different schools I've never even SEEN him. So the only thing I know about Matt is how hot he is (or at least that's what the girls at my school say. Though they all agree my brother is hotter.), and how obnoxious my brother says Matt is.