Rumble

After I pulled back, for a second we just stood there, staring at each other.

"Oh" Was all Johnny could say

"um..." Was all I could say. My hearts were beating so fast that I thought for sure that he could hear them. Heck, I thought I could just barely hear his heartbeat. We didn't say anything, but it was like we didn't have to. I could see everything he wanted to say in his eyes. Just like I was sure he could see everything in my eyes.

"Wow, I guess you do......yea....wow" Was what he was saying.

"Heh, you think your surprised that I kissed you? You saw my reaction when you kissed me right?"

" Why yes I did, you looked adorable, as always." That made both of us blush.

"I thought I was the tuff one, and you were the cute one?"

"Right, cutest boy you've ever seen right?" My face was bright red.

"Oh yea, I actually said that out loud, huh?" I hadn't been aware that I had said that out loud.

"Yup."

"At least now you know the truth." and just like that, it was his turn to do the blushing.

"Yea right." I frowned at him.

"Don't bother denying it. That was like, my very first thought when I first saw you."

"You mean in the church, when you saved me?"

"Oh yea, seems like it was so long ago." It really did feel like it was ages ago.

"I never did properly thank you."

"I think what just happened was a proper thank-you."

"Nice try, but I'm taking you out to lunch." I tried not to show it, but this little act of kindness was enough to make my hearts do cartwheels.

"Your so sweet."

"Golly, you deserve it."

"Still, I feel like you don't quite realize how amazing you are."

"Lets go get lunch." But he was smiling. Shyly, he extend his hand towards me, and I gladly took it, my hearts skipping a beat at the contact. Lunch went great, he got a barbecue sandwich, and I got a ice cream sundae, discovering that I had a massive sweet tooth. At first, I was embarrassed that I was eating so fast, but then I realized he was eating just as fast. After he ate his sandwich, he helped me finish the rest of my sundae, which I may or may not have purposely left some uneaten so that exact thing could happen. It was so romantic, we took turns feeding each other ice cream! It sounds really weird in my mind, but in the moment, I felt so lucky and appreciated, and in his eyes, I could see that he felt the same way. After that, we walked around, holding hands and just talking, neither one of us feeling pressured to flirt or giggle or impress the other, we just talked. And when we got tired, we started walking to the lot, Johnny said that he spent a lot of time there.  When I asked him why, he sort of shied away from the topic, so I didn't pry. But when we rounded the corner, it wasn't an empty lot that greeted us. There were two big groups of people, and from what I could tell, it was greaser vs. soc. 

"Shoot, I forgot, the rumble!" Johnny said.

"Rumble?" I asked

"Like a gang fight, but without weapons, its skin against skin in a rumble. Darry said it was tonight, but I forgot. Stay here, I have to go help them."

"No way, I'm helping you guys, you've done so much for me, I have to find some way to repay you."

"Its too dangerous, stay here!"

"But you said its skin against skin right? No harm in that." He looked at me.

"I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I'll be careful, I always am."

"Yell if you need me."

"Only if you promise to do the same."

We grinned at each other, and ran to the lot. We arrived right when A big Soc punched Darry across the face, and the fight began. I saw the rest of the gang there, and I thought one of them yelled at me, but I didn't care. I was too busy kicking a soc where it hurts. I wasn't afraid to play dirty. Unfortunatly I also got hit across the head, and fell to the floor. But I wasn't going down alone, I pulled a soc down with me, and punched him repeatedly. After that, I jumped up, and ducked under a blow that was aimed for my head, grabbed the arm, and flipped its owner over. In a brief second, I spotted Johnny and Ponyboy going after a soc together. Darry was doing fine on his own, I couldn't see two-bit or steve, but a soc was trying to sneak up on Dally, so I ran over to help him. Dally was in the middle of turning around to  face the soc, who was aiming a punch at his face, when I front flipped in between them, and caught the soc's fist with my hand. Then I twisted my arm, making the soc double over. Meeting Dally's eyes, I figured he was a little mad that I had totally saved his face, but I saw respect in his eyes. So I just smirked and backflipped away. By then the socs were running, and the greasers were celebrating. Soda and Steve were walking around on their hands, and two-bit was doing round-offs all over the place. They were actually really good at acrobatics, but I just discovered that I could do them, so i joined in. Starting off with a cartwheel, then a backflip landing on my hands, holding a handstand for a few seconds, I let myself fall into bridge, which I stood up from, ending up facing ponyboy.

"Hey, you don't look so good." it was true, he had a black eye and a few cuts on his knuckles, but he just looked at me and smirked.

"Shoot Johnny, we got showed up by a girl!" He called over to Johnny, who came walking over.

"Yup, we sure did." Johnny said, putting his arm around my waist. Ponyboy just looked at us in shock, and hollered.

"Hey Soda! Johnny managed to pick up Melody! Look at the greasy couple!" Oh course, that got everyone attention, so for a few minutes, me and Johnny were the center of attention.

"Looks like sleeping beauty over here finally found her prince! Haha!" Two-bit laughed. After all that, everyone headed over to Darry, Sodapop and Ponyboys' house to hang out and relax after the rumble. Boy would I have a story to tell Rubix and Claire.