The 'Birth'

I felt myself gain consciousness, opening my eyes to see white smoke all around me. Where was I? At base, I remembered. Wait, how did I know that? And why was I at this base? To fight the Hath, of course, I thought. But who was 'the Hath?' All these thoughts and questions raced through my mind as the white smoke cleared away and the doors in front of me opened, creaking. I stepped outside, highly confused, was this the base? I looked around to find only a few people around, holding guns. When one of them saw me, they said,

"What the heck? Why did we just get a new one?" This confused me, 'new one'? What did the man mean? Well, he meant a new recruit obviously. This was strange, I had no prior memory of growing up, but Looking down at myself, I seemed to be about 15-16 years old. I was dressed in black pants with a brown belt, a dark green shirt, a brown vest, and combat boots, with my hair pulled back into a ponytail. Strange, but the clothes were comfortable, and ideal for fighting the Hath. There it was again, for some reason I couldn't remember anything but that I was here to fight the Hath, and win this war. Alright, so apparently I'm in a war, and I have no memory of anything before waking up in that machine. Looking around base, I noticed many guns, and packs of ammo. I knew exactly how to shoot and load every gun, and to be honest, that frightened me a little. The man that had spoken before was now walking up to me,

"Alright newbie, I don't know how your alive right now, seeing as you just came out of that thing without a parent, It was probably a glitch, but I don't care. Arm yourself, and meet the rest of us out on the battle field when your ready."

"Yes sir." I said. I was a little surprised at the sound of my own voice, it was high-pitched, like a girls, but it had a certain undertone to it, as if I was old and wise, and regretted many things. But I did not dwell on such thoughts, for I had to get ready for combat. After looking at the array of guns, I chose two small handguns and loaded them. After I did that, I stuck the handguns, handle-side up, into the bottom pockets of my vest. Then I grabbed some extra ammo packs and also stuck them into my vest. When I was ready, I was about to head for the battle field, when I saw something that stopped me. I was looking at a teenage girl with dirty blonde hair, pale skin, and striking crystal-blue eyes. I knew immediately that my eye color was not a natural one, indeed, my eyes almost seemed to glow, perhaps it was a side effect of the 'glitch' that man had mentioned. After further inspection of myself in the mirror, i noticed that I was rather average-looking. Other than my eyes, everything about me was perfectly normal. However, once I looked down at the rest of me, I noticed that my arms were actually fairly muscled, and I was sure that my legs were too. In fact, I felt rather light on my feet. To test this, I ran around a little bit, too see how fast I could go, and jumped, to see how high I would get. Though I wasn't sure exactly how fast I was, I was pretty speedy, and I could jump onto the waist-high tables with a bit of a running start. I knew that I was bring irresponsible, that I should be out on the battlefield with my fellow soldiers, but a part of me wanted to break free from the life of a soldier, to run around and not have to listen to anyone. But I felt that I owed them my service, so I was walking towards the battleground when something else bought my eye. It was a large, dark blue box, with the words, 'Police Public Call Box' at the top. However, I felt as if this was no mere box, it felt almost......alive? I was so intrigued by this mysterious box that I forgot all about the war I was supposed to be fighting, and reached out and touched the handle. And as soon as I made contact, I felt almost as if there was a presence in my mind, that had not been there before. The presence spoke no words, yet somehow, I could understand it. It asked me who I was, and I had no idea how to answer. I did not know my name, so I chose one.

"My name is...Melody." The name had appeared in my thoughts, perhaps the presence had chosen it for me. The presence asked me more questions, like why I was here, and if I had any memory prior to waking up in the machine. I answered them all truthfully, and the presence almost seemed, satisfied. I asked its name, and a word appeared in my mind. 'TARDIS', Time And Relevant Dimension In Space, the presence told me. I felt as if the presence knew me, and I knew it, and we trusted each other. Suddenly, I had a very important question I wanted to ask it, for I felt that it knew the answer.

"Who am I?" I asked, and its reply was 'you are Melody' This was true, but I wanted to know who I was as a person, so I asked again. This time, the TARDIS answered, 'you are Melody, Daughter of the Doctor, bearer of two hearts.' This shocked me I put my hand to the center of my chest, where my heart should be, but I did not feel a heart beating. I moved my hand to the right, and I felt a heartbeat there. Then I moved my hand to the left, and felt another heartbeat. Two hearts... how could this be? I wasn't human? 'Time Lord' The TARDIS said. A Time Lord... it was an odd title, but I liked it. I then thought about how the TARDIS had said I was the daughter of 'The Doctor', Doctor who? In my mind, The TARDIS showed me many images, all of adult men. I had counted nine when the TARDIS stopped on the image of one man, he had messy brown hair, and kind brown eyes, with a sparkle of excitement in them. I didn't understand why I had been shown more then one man, and I was about to ask why, when the doors to the TARDIS opened slowly, revealing a large room, with some sort of device in the center. I walked in, taken aback by the sheer size of it, with one thought on my mind.

'Its bigger on the inside'

In fact, I was so out of it that I barely noticed when the doors closed quietly, but I was not afraid. I trusted the TARDIS, and I was rather honored that it trusted me. The presence did not speak to me anymore, but I still felt it in my mind. I took a few steps towards the machine in the middle when i stepped on something. I moved my foot and looked down to see a key on a necklace. I picked it up, figuring that it was a key to the TARDIS, smiling, i put it on, feeling the cool metal against my skin. I walked around, still amazed at the size of the TARDIS, it seemed never ending. I had just walked into a room that looked like a library, when I felt the ground shake, as if I was on an airplane with a lot of turbulence, I grabbed onto a bookshelf to keep myself upright, and I was starting to panic when the TARDIS told me that it was alright, we were just moving in time and space. Once again, I found myself in complete shock when I realized that the TARDIS was a time machine, and I had a key to it.