The Doctor

As I kneeled by The Face of Bo, he told me many things that I must do. Most of them I did not understand, and Im pretty sure I never will. But I trust The Face of Bo, after all, it was the TARDIS that sent me to him. But as he instructed me on what to do, I felt a little restless. Since getting my TARDIS, I had been told what to do and where to go, I wanted to travel! To go where I want, free of any consequences. Though I did know the rules of time travel, the most important one being to never cross your own time stream. After the Face of Bo told me all these things, I was about to get up, and fly away in my TARDIS, when I heard something that made me freeze in shock.

"Ello there! Having a nice chat with the Face of Bo?" That voice, it was so familiar, and yet so strange at the same time. But I recognized it immediately. It was a voice that could be so kind one minute, and strike fear into the hearts of an army the next minute. It was the voice of my father, the Doctor. My military instincts kicking in, I stood up and turned around all in one motion, and I found myself face-to-face with the Doctor. Even though I had known he was there, it still shocked me. I had seen him before, many times, but from afar. Now, up-close, his brown hair seemed even messier, and his kind brown eyes teeming with excitement. Realizing that he was expecting a reply, I stuttered out,

"Um, y-yea, just talking... to the...face and....yea." My cheeks started to turn red, I was making a complete fool of myself in front of my father. Though I must admit, it was rather daunting. He must have sensed my awkwardness, so he kneeled by the Face of Bo, looking at him with a curious expression.

"You know, they say that this guy has been around for millions and millions of years, now just think of that!" I couldn't help it, his childish excitement was infectious, so I let my guard down a little bit.

"Maybe thats why he has so many wrinkles." I said, taking a chance. Thankfully, it worked. The Doctor laughed, grinning. I kneeled down beside him, so we were both facing the Face of Bo.

"I actually didn't know that about The Face of Bo, has he really been alive that long?" The Doctor turned to look at me with his eyebrows raised, but he was still smiling, so I wasn't afraid.

"Really? It's a rather common legend. How have you not heard about the Face of Bo?"

"Oh, I uh, I travel a lot, so, you know how it goes." For a second his eyes seemed faraway, like he was having a flashback.

"Yea, i do." He mumbled. I had actually forgotten for a second there that all the Doctor really does is travel. I wondered if he was happy with traveling, if he found it exciting.

"Well then!" He said, snapping out of his little daze. "Why did you visit the Face of Bo, if you had never heard of him." I wasn't sure how to answer, so I just stuck with the truth.

"A friend told me to visit, a really good friend." I said, unaware that I had gone into a little daze myself.

"How come they aren't with you?" He asked, snapping me out of it.

"We had to go our separate ways, but maybe I will see it again." I grew a little sad, I had parted from the TARDIS not even a day ago, the wound was still fresh, in a sense. I didn't notice the way the Doctor raised his eyebrows when I used the word 'it' instead of 'them'. But thankfully, he ignored it.

"Well, thats just too bad, maybe you'll see them again someday, eh?" It seemed a little ironic, I was talking about the TARDIS, a person that the Doctor sees everyday.

"I sure hope so." I smiled, just a little bit.

"Well, it was great meeting you....?"

"Melody", I told him.

"No last name?" I actually hadn't thought about a last name, oops.

"Oh, uh, Smith, Melody Smith." His eyebrows lowered a little, and he frowned. I got the feeling that he suspected that it was a fake last name, but he didn't inquire about it.

"Well, Melody Smith, it was great meeting you, but Im afraid that I have to go, my friend got lost."

"Alright, goodbye D-" I stopped myself from saying his name, he wasn't supposed to know it. He frowned a little more, shoot, he was definitely suspicious of something.

"They call me, 'The Doctor".

"Doctor who?" I asked, playing along. The frown disappeared, replaced with a smile.

"Exactly." And with that, he walked off, unaware that he had just met his own daughter.