Jumped

I sat up groggily, my vision slightly hazy. I shook my head to clear my vision and found myself staring straight int the sun. Right, i fell asleep watching the sun rise. Remembering Claire and Rubix, i stood up to look for them. Bad idea. As soon as I tried to put weight on my foot, I immediately fell back down. I guess running for miles on a still injured ankle isn't such a good idea.... I was thankful that no one was around, because I practically had to drag myself to my TARDIS to grab a walking stick or something. Soon I met up with the girls, who actually dressed like greasers this time, and grabbed myself some crutches. I myself thought it was humiliating, though Claire and Rubix denied it. Thankfully nothing was broken again, my ankle was just swollen. I kinda wanted to meet up with the guys we had met before-the gang of greasers. But there was no way I was going to go in front of a bunch of tuff hoods like that with crutches. So we contented ourselves by wandering around a bit, me still getting used to the 'extra help walking'. It was still pretty early in the morning, so thankfully no one was really up yet, no one to see my shame. However, after a few hours some people were starting to mill about, so I threw my crushes at the girls and told them to get rid of them. They ran off, so that left me hanging out on a street corner alone, trying to look tuff. But after about 15 minutes, the girls still weren't back, so I ant looking for them. Alright, maybe I just wanted to prove that I could walk on my own, but still. I limped around a bit until I ran into some guys that looked like they were going to a prep-school. lame. But I didn't tell them the, I just asked of they had seen my friends, they didn't react to well to that.

"What? Lost without your greasy friend's greaser? A boy in a blue madras shirt asked me, while stumbling towards me. I could smell the liquor from here, the boys were obviously drunk. I wasn't even sure why they were here, I was near some movie theatre, and I had only seen greasers around here. But the boy was still coming towards me, and hid friends were filing out, surrounding me. Normally I could have taken them, probably, but I was injured, and I think some of them had blades.....uh oh.

"Hey, why don't you guys just back off? I don't want any trouble." They just laughed drunkenly.

"Lets play a game." A different boy with jet-black hair said, slurring his words. I was backed up against a brick wall, surrounded, but I kept my head held high, I wasn't going to let these pansies scare me. And I let them know that.

"I'll say it again, back off, pansies!" Just for kicks, I bared my teeth at them. They just laughed more.

"Fiesty!' the boy in madras said. "just how I like em'" They were closing in, one grabbed my braid, yanking on it, pulling me foreword.

"Whats with the blue hair? You a freak? Freaky greaser! Freaky greaser!" They chanted. Now I was getting angry. I never had the chance to test out my fighting skills, now seemed like a good time. Ignoring the pain in my foot, I kicked the boy right where it hurts, he sunk to the ground in pain. The other boys attacked with their blades and fists, punching and slashing. I tried to dodge most of them, but some of the hits landed. I got a cut on my face, going from the bottom of my eye to my cheek. I also got hit in the stomach repeatedly. Lashing out, I managed to kick one and bite another. Thats right, I wasn't going to fight fair. That just made them more aggressive. A blow to the back of my knees got me down on the floor, where they pinned me down and hit me. A few more cuts, one on my arm, and one on my leg that managed to also cut my jeans, I had liked those skinny jeans. Soon I couldn't take it anymore, and I yelled out in pain.

"Keep her quiet!" A hand clamped down on my mouth, and I bit it, feeling satisfaction from the yell that I heard. The cool steel of a blade kissed my throat, and I stared the black-haired boy in the eyes, forever defiant.

"Alright greaser *hiccup* any last words?"

"Yea, you don't screw up a girls jeans." With that, I spit in his eye, causing him to wince, momentarily release the hold on my arms, and a moment was all I needed. I heard gauge yelling in the background, all I could make out was the word 'doc', wonder what that was about. But anyway, with my usual dramatic flair, still on the ground, I lifted my legs in the air, knees bent, them brought them down hard. With that momentum, I jumped up off the floor, punching and kicking. I heard running in the background, and more shouts. Hmmmm. Anyway, the dirty soc's were running away now, victory! But instead of celebrating, i just stood there panting, my head pounding. Oh, and did I mention my foot was burning? But still I stood, as I heard a familiar voice say, 

"Melody?" behind me. ahhhh, so thats what the running sounds and shouts in the background were. Ever the dramatic geek, I turned around slowly, meeting the eyes of Johnny, Two-bit, Ponyboy, and Dally, all staring at me. I smiled lazily.

"Whats up?" I said, before promptly crumpling to the ground. I felt arms catch me, and with fluttering eyelids, I looked into Johnny's concerned face.

"Melody?" He said, and gently lowered me onto my knees. "What happened?"

"You don't look so good Mel." Two-bit said, I couldn't tell if he was being funny or serious.

"Those soc's just ran." Was all I heard out f Dally, I would have looked at him, but I was too busy staring into Johnny's eyes. I could see horror there, and sadness, maybe a little bit impressed, surprise, and....an emotion I couldn't identify, his eyes were almost.....distant? Like deja vu?

"They cut my jeans." I coughed out, earning a chuckle from two-bit, and maybe a little less concern for the others. The adrenaline rush I had was wearing off, and I could feel the pain of being kicked and cut.

"Can you stand?" Ponyboy asked me, and with Johnny's help, I attempted to get up. Immediately falling back down of course. Despite myself, tears started to well up in my eyes, from the humiliation and the pain. I was such a pansy. The last thing I remember before the world went black was Johnny's soothing voice, saying,

"Its alright, I've got you."