The Gang

Ugh, my head hurts. No, my FOOT hurts, geez, when did my foot get rolled over by a freaking monster truck!?!?!? I opened my eyes slowly. At first, I just saw a white ceiling, and for a split second I had no idea where I was or how I got there. But then I remembered, the church, the burning church, and the boy I saved. Hmm, looking around, I saw that I was in a bed in a white and gray room.  A hospital room, probably. Wait....did I seriously black out? Im a soldier for pete's sake! Im supposed to endure, to keep soldiering on! Fat lot of good I am. At least I saved that boy, that cute boy. Or was it all a dream?

"That boy is too cute to exist." I muttered, wow, that was cheesy. Did I really just say that? Yeesh. At least no one heard me. Actually, I was alone in the room, odd. But then a nurse walked in with a clipboard, saying,

"Oh good! You woke up sweetie, you name was Melody right? We got some of your personal information from your two friends. Now tell me, how is your foot? Any pain?" I discreetly glanced around the room again. Thank goodness, I wasn't hooked up to a heart monitor or anything, if they tried to find my heartbeat, they would find out real quick I wasn't human.

"Yea, my name is Melody. and my foot isn't too bad, it kind of aches though, I don't think I would be able to walk on it just yet." The nurse smiled at me, a very well-practiced smile.

"Good! Im glad to hear it. As for walking, after you spend a little more time in here, you'll be back on your feet in no time!" Okay, so I won't be stuck here too long, cool!

"What happened t my foot anyway?"

"Oh, we suspect that in that burning church, a beam fell from the ceiling, and dislocated it. It isn't fatal though, lucky you! If the mean had hit your spinal cord, then well, just be thankful it didn't."

"Right, the church, how are those boys that were there?" I asked her.

"Oh! Don't you worry about them, those boys are perfectly fine. You had the most serious injury, they just inhaled a little too much smoke is all. I heard that you saved one of them, thats pretty impressive, you know. Actually, some of them wanted to meet you."

"Huh? Who wanted to meet me?"

"Oh, sorry, I meant the boys friends. The three of them have a bunch of friends that came straight to the hospital once they found out they were here. And when they found out that you had saved that tan boy, they wanted to see you. But I didn't let them in, you were still unconscious at the time."

"Wow, wait, how long was I out?"

"Oh no too long, only about an hour and a half." Okay, I guess thats not to long really.

"There should be two girls, my friends, are they here?" I asked.

"Oh yes! I think they are still in the lobby, do you want me to bring them up?"

"Yes please." She smiled at me again.

"I'll be right back." And with that she promptly left the room. My door had been last open a crack, and I craned my neck to see what was outside. I could only see a bit of a white hallway. Not too interesting. But soon the nurse came back in, escorting Rubix and Claire, the nurse left, and soon I was being bombarded with questions.

After about a half hour of answering the onslaught of curiosity from the sisters, the Nurse came in again, and me walk around a bit, and proclaimed I was free to go. I had to check back in in a few days, but other than that, I could finally leave. We made our way down to the lobby, and we were about to head out the doors when we heard voices from around the corner outside.

"Yeah, and she had this stripe of blue in her hair." I knew they were talking about me, it was probably the friends that the nurse had mentioned. Another voice replied,