41 → irenic

Irenic:
promoting peace.

It got better between Niall and I.

I'm totally kidding, it didn't.

Things only developed into something much more awkward. Niall was scared to kiss and touch me whilst I was afraid of giving him my entire trust.

Either or, we both weren't ourselves around each other like we always were before.

I didn't know what to do. So of course I turned to Liam, always finding it simple rather to confide in him than Niall or anyone else within Tape currently.

That was only because Liam never really twisted my trust in him unlike Niall. But a promise is a promise and I just needed to move on from the kiss.

Yet on Wednesday I had faced the worst misfortune I'd ever encountered out of my seventeen years really.

Miss Siddle did her usual role in placing us in the usual pairs she'd create. But instead she placed four of us into groups with the same communicate objective.

Everyone seemed satisfied with their groups, except I since my three partners were Liam, Niall, and 'coincidentally' Miles.

I had to watch Miles ogle Niall for the remainder of group session miserably. That lasted two hours. The most horrid two hours I've ever experienced in the group cabin honestly.

Still, I couldn't fault Niall. He wasn't paying any attention to Miles during our communicative discussion. In fact, Niall's eyes were locked with mine the entire time. Allowing his wide smile to show everytime my eyes landed on his.

His interest in only I was a sudden confident riser. Just to see I only held his attention almost made me want to blow a raspberry directly towards Miles immaturely, but that wouldn't get me anywhere.

So instead I waited until after group session ended to intertwine Niall and I's hands together as we walked with Liam to the canteen for a lunch.

Our fingers stayed locked together as we struggled to eat. Me using my free hand to swallow the bitter sloes on my plate along with kumquats whilst Niall attempted to bite into his turkey melt with his free hand. Liam chuckling at the struggling sight before him.

The three of us went to the water a little after just to sit around for the remainder of evening. Discussing nothings as I coddled into Niall's side. His arm wrapped protectively around my frame whilst we watched the others interact with the swimming material for a few calm hours.

And everything, luckily, remained calm even when Liam walked off towards his own cabin with myself and Niall entering ours.

I was just about to change into my nightwear until Niall stopped me. Shaking his head as he grabbed onto my wrist to haul me outside of our cabin.

He didn't say anything the whole walk and I didn't question where we were heading to because quite frankly, I didn't care. As long as we weren't caught for being out after our mandated curfew, whatever destination Niall had in mind wouldn't effect the both of us in any way.

I did happen to hold my breath when we arrived at our bolder. We hadn't been here together for quite a while and I did miss the peaceful habitat a bit: Niall and I together, the two of us, hidden from our struggles and reality as we just watched the water move amongst the darkness surrounded by millions of trees for hours.

He held my waist protectively as I climbed up the rock to sit. Niall sitting instantly after me once he reached the top also. He didn't hesitate to pull me into his side, wrapping his arm around my waist after kissing my forehead.

I melted into the touch–missing the constant soppy gestures from Niall dearly. But I also wanted to know why we were here, breaking curfew when we're suppose to be back at cabin nine.

I didn't hesitate to ask him. Niall laughing lightly at my concern before saying, "I wanted to ask you something, and I thought this was the perfect place to say it."

He wasn't lying.

The bolder was, indeed, our silent sanctuary. Niall was familiar with the hidden place more than I was, all the same I found it rather easy to fall into endearment with the almost secret place also-- I was practically besotted with it.

"Well, what did you want to ask me?" I ask shakily. Letting out a wary breath.

Niall was quick to kiss my forehead again assuring it wasn't anything negative from what I happened to be thinking along the lines of.

Niall lets out a breath. One I would've never thought he was holding in before he pulls away to face me. The blue of his eyes brighter than the lit moon contrasting with the night sky. The electrifying blue I've come to love so dearly.

"I know we've hit our lowest level right now and we're trying to overlook the negative with my mistake with Miles, but we can't-"

Gee, thanks Niall.

"Unless-" he pauses to caress my cheek with his hand, his bottom lip now placing itself between his teeth. "Unless you agree to be my boyfriend. Harry, will you do me the honour in being my boyfriend?" Niall asks as I sigh in relief.

Niall didn't say anything horrid as I'd thought.

Of course I'll be your boyfriend, Niall Horan.

There was no better way in saying yes than leaning forward to press my lips against his. Fingers treading lightly through the quiff of his bicoloured hair as Niall was swift to pull me onto his lap, arms encircling around my waist.

"So is that a yes?" Niall asks with a smile once we pull away from each other.

I giggle, "Yes you knobby dolt, it's a yes."
___________________________________________________________________________

A.N: And they're officially together! Do you think it'll stay happy like this, haha?

What do you think will happen next?

Follow • Share • Vote • Comment

Happy Reading!