2 → depaysment

Depaysment:
when someone is taken out of their world and into a new one. A French term for, "the feeling that comes from not being in ones home country, dépaysment.

Irresponsive-- currently not being able to respond to the rather irritating murmurs in my ear along with a soft gesture. Just a nudge.

I am actually able to respond to the movements, I'm just choosing to ignore them. Both the constant murmuring and taps to my shoulder for only one reason, sleep.

Sleep serves as an importance. An escape from the reality I'm constantly surrounded in daily, eyelids shut to a galaxy I'm only able to control. And attempting to disturb me from my only controllable universe can only result to crankiness.

"Harry wake up," the same murmured whisper spoke whilst now jolting my body softly, but I only continued to keep my eyes shut. Ignoring both the constant jolting and nudges directed to me.

The irritating movements could only be my mother, automatically.

The normal routine for her to aggressively but also at the same time softly awake me-- very familiar with my irresponsive behaviour to the world during early mornings: My mummy alarm.

"Leave me alone mum," I sleepily grumble. Deliberately turning away from the soft touch. She's not usually this irksome around morning. If it is still morning.

Normally after a few nudges and small jerks she'd leave me be, but today she's rather—

"Oi! I am most definitely not your mother Harry, now get up."

The soft whispering I'd heard previously sounded now masculine; differing from my mothers whisper-tone voice.

The unfamiliar tone was the reason to immediately pry my eyes open, alarmed. Swiftly turning my body back to its previous position to encounter Niall-- locking eyes with my cabin roommate.

Niall had woke me up and I called him my mother.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologise panicky. It wasn't my intention to show Niall my accustomed, cranky morning attitude.

Niall laughs whilst waving me off. "It's alright," he assures, laughing between his every uttered word.

I could feel the heat coming rising on my cheeks because of the embarrassment. I lower my head to stare at the wooden floor to avoid the gaze coming from Niall, locking eyes below me for the familiar comfort.

The cabin grows silent after Niall's laughter dies down and I begin to feel awkward. Discomforted because I have no clue on whether or not to speak. Also very uncertain on the okay to look up from the cabin floor already. It was beginning to lose its interest.

Niall clears his throat and of course I snap my head up from the wooden floor to look at him. The immediate reaction I happen to do thoughtlessly without any specific purpose.

"I woke you up because we have group session soon," Niall speaks, I confusingly frown.

"What's group session?" I question, not too familiar with the scheduled activities at Tape yet since it's only my second day here.

"It's where we all sit with others. Discussing and venting about all of our problems and why we're here at Tape," Niall answers simply; informatively.

"When does the session start?" I bring myself to question Niall whilst beginning to detach myself from my quilts.

"About an hour," he replies but then adds, "I woke you up earlier to see if you wanted to go to the canteen with me for breakfast." Niall smiles crookedly, "And also because I'm very nice of course."