2² → depaysment

I've never been around more than a handful of people out of my seventeen years of living. My small crowd had always been my family. My mum, stepfather, and my two older sisters.

They were the only people that would surround themselves around me. Not in a friends way but in a families way. A generous notion to feel less remorseful about their son or brother acting as a loner; being a loner.

The various states burned into me as I gazed into the carpeted floor to avoid the numerous eye locks, for mine and their sake.

If I were to look up from the floor, the discomforted feeling I'm having would increase highly. Knowing myself, familiar with my attitude would know that my palms would start to moisten. The width of my eyes expanding at the frightening stares—something I'm not accustomed to.

Whom would you be? Who are you?

"And you would be?" a feminine voice spoke, causing me to look up from the warm feeling I was receiving from the floor.

"Harry," I answered softly. Voice sounding as a familiar murmur. It wasn't my intention to though.

"Harry?" the voice questioned again, implicitly awaiting my last name that I didn't hesitate to say, "Styles."

The unfamiliar female silently gasped before realising, "You're the new teen."

I nodded at her statement. "I think," I spoke unconfidently.

She laughed me off whilst walking closer to me, grabbing onto my wrist gently. I tacitly allowed her to haul me wherever. Seeing Niall on the way there sat beside a blond female whom had not the slightest interest in me, fortunately.

We walked past their seats and unlike Niall, the blond didn't turn to face around me. I silently thanked her for that.

The unfamiliar female stopped in front of a backseat behind the circular table. Surprisingly fitting a large amount of people there. Had to be at least twenty of us.

"This is your permanent seat for every group session," the stranger lady informed me. Her finger pointing to a vacant chair that was placed between two lads that wore smiles on both their faces.

I nodded at her before seating myself in between the two. The faces hinting friendly but I didn't want to take a risk to speak first.

The female sauntered back to the head of table where Niall sat, clearing her throat before speaking. I watched her intensively.

"Morning everyone. I'm Miss Siddle, for those who don't know, and I am your counsellor, for those who aren't aware of that either." The lady introduced herself, grey eyes scanning around the room fondly.

She was referring to me, I'm certain of it.

"Since there is a new enrolment, I think we should all introduce ourselves to Harry. Just so he gets aquatinted with all of you for our future sessions and so he feels quite comfortable," Miss Siddle suggested whilst clapping both of her hands together. An excited look upon her face.

I'm wasn't too sure I wanted to introduce myself to the others, but I was glad to listen to all of them.

"Hello Harry!"