40 → tacenda

Tacenda:
things better left unsaid; matters to be passed over in silence.

"Where are you leading me to, Liam?" I question for the nth time.

I agreed on walking with Liam around the Tape area but now, Liam had a certain interest in walking off the habitual path.

Liam doesn't answer this time but I hear a faint chuckle escape from him as he continues leading me on. The privets along with various trees growing within the distance. Some covering the fixed path we were walking on.

"This looks dangerous," I comment whilst observing the unfamiliar surroundings.

"It's not!" Liam yells out in assurance. Beginning to walk even faster than before leaving me to catch up to him.

"Sure," I mutter to myself earning a, "I heard that," from Liam in response.

A few minutes later Liam's swiftness stops and we've arrived in our so called destination that still looked far from safe in my opinion. I would voice it again, but I let myself trust Liam and whatever mindset he had on this place.

It looked like we were further into the woodlands–the cabins not in peripheral view along with the usual others we see dispersing around the Tape area.

The destination was isolated: nothing but trees and shrubs and privets similar to the colour of my eyes.

As Liam continues to walk, looking as if he was in specific search of something, I follow close behind still in full observation. Each step we simultaneously took coincidentally added another large tree.

Yet the sight became more and more beautiful, at peace with nature and just overall silence.

Liam finally stops, turning to face me in the process wearing a broad grin that reminded me too much of Niall's crooked smile. The smile that caused Niall's already electrifying blue eyes to glisten as he beams from ear to ear directly at me. The inward image made my heartbeat quicken.

Ever since Niall's unforeseen statement, we haven't been speaking. I didn't feel the need to really. He'd kissed Miles out of spite which did nothing in result but hurt and lose most of my trust put into Niall.

I learned to adjust to the tensional silence–creating a routine to arrive to cabin nine earlier than curfew and Niall. Intentionally avoiding him by hiding under my duvet to block him out. And fortunately, that's worked out flawlessly for me.

That didn't at all change that I missed him and still liked him. But, it didn't at all alter the minor loathe I was beginning to feel for Niall.

Stupid Niall.

I couldn't question Liam as in to why we were here because he moves from where he's stood in front of me to reveal my initial view. It was just as breathtaking as the nature itself.

There was a chequered cloth laid under one of the large trees with various foods and small lights placed around the cloth.

"Who's this for?" I ask, looking at Liam curiously.

"You," uttered another voice that didn't belong to Liam. I turned to see Niall facing me with a small smile as he watches me thoroughly.

"From you?" I question, he nods carefully.

"No thanks," I declare turning again to face Liam.

He looked entirely uncomfortable, hand rubbing his nape whilst he watches me and Niall interact for the first time since his confession four days prior.

"Can we leave, Liam?"

He looks at the two of us uneasily before Niall interrupts.

"Harry," he sighs. "Just please hear me out."

I look to Liam letting out a small sigh. He only stares at me solemnly, silently, hinting it was all up to me to decide.

Fucking Niall.

I exhale sharply melodramatically turning to face Niall in the process. "Fine," I murmur defeatedly, allowing Niall to smile his crooked smile directly at me before walking over the makeshift picnic.

I look at Liam one last time before unwillingly following behind Niall.

"You set me up," I mutter quietly to him.

All Liam does is smile widely.

"It'll pay off in the end," was all he said before walking back onto en route the both of us walked on prior.

But will it pay off in the end?

-

I sigh again. Continuing to nibble on a saltine quietly. It was all I was able to do that avoided any frequent awkwardness between Niall and myself.

Niall repeated the sigh, still watching me thoroughly before speaking up, "I'm sorry."

"Okay," I mumble avoiding the fixed eye contact Niall had on me.

"It isn't okay," Niall sighs. "I kissed another boy that wasn't you because of our problems."

I blink.

"I'm sorry for breaking our promise and not confiding in you when I was slowly breaking. I'm sorry for kissing Miles. It meant nothing to me at all," Niall says. "It's you I wanna be with."

Niall reaches for my hand. Turning it over to place a small kiss on the skin there. I don't pull away because I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him or his kisses.

Even if his lips were pressed against Miles.

"Please don't give up on me," he murmurs into my hand, looking up to face me.

I let out a shaky breath, running my free hand through my growing hair. "I," I stammer.

"It's okay if you don't know right now," Niall waves me off by pressing another kiss to my hand. "I'll wait, but at least promise me two things?"

"What?" I ask.

"Promise you won't give up on me even if we don't end up together and," he speaks, emphasising and. "You'll speak to me again, please?"

I sigh again. Already feeling guilt from the thought of Niall assuming I've given up on him. So I say the two words I know would most likely get myself and Niall into major trouble in the future:

"I promise."
_________________________________________________________________________

A.N: Follow • Vote • Share • Comment

"Don't forget about us," - Harry. That effected me deeply.

Happy Reading!