23 → metanoia

Metanoia:
the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life.

Niall holding a brown paper bag was my first sight the following morning. Sat on the end of my mattress staring at me with a greeting smile that I instantly returned without hesitancy. Thinking back to the events that occurred the previous day.

Not only did I have the privilege of getting to know genuine secrets and information from Niall himself. I had gotten the entitlement to kiss him also.

And to make matters even better: he kissed me first and I not once didn't hesitate to kiss back. Yesterday happened to be the best day between us really.

Niall was speaking to me again. He apologised for his lacerated low blow and his abrupt behaviour, and he finally opened up to me. Trusted me enough to share his information. And it was all thanks to Miss Siddle and Niall eventually growing a pair after those tensional weeks with him.

Thanks Miss Siddle.

It felt a bit different to hear Niall's voice in a more calmer manner than it had been before. It felt different, yet not odd, though enjoyable.

The constant beams that were now directed towards me along with witty banters in the past hours, were more comfortable. It felt welcoming.

"What's in there?" I ask, pointing to the paper bag still grasped in Niall's hold. He was still sat on my mattress after the round trip I had taken to the washroom after recently waking up.

He had been awake before me. Probably making a trip to the canteen for breakfast, promptly returning back to our cabin before I awoke.

Just like I had suspected, Niall answered my question, confirming my assumptions.

"Food."

He didn't waste any time closing the small space between us as I sat back upon my mattress. Pulling me closer to him by my waist whilst resting his chin on top of my hair. It was still damp from the shower I'd just taken, but he didn't seem to mind just like I didn't mind our far from comfortable position.

"You could've ate in the canteen," I murmur into Niall's neck. Resting my head against his shoulder.

"I did. This is for you," he mumbles as he places the paper bag onto my lap.

I sigh, "I'm not hungry."

The three words erupted a deep sigh from Niall. He pulled away from me to face me--electrifying blue of his eyes intensively staring into my own. Niall's frown not as prominent as his thorough gaze.

"You have to eat," he states.

I finally looked away from his scrutiny, returning the mocking frown Niall was still giving me.

"I'll eat when I'm famished," I shrug not finding this topic alone a major concernment.

Niall, however, utterly disagreed.

"Not eating's serious, Harry."

"So is hurting yourself, Niall," I counter.

And just like that-- in the blink of an eye really, the silence between us reappeared. Myself and Niall unthinkably growing silent. The quietness felt almost tensional until Niall had decided to speak up, clearing his throat in the process.

"You're right," was the only two words Niall said.

His voice sounded more as a murmur than clear but also defeated. As if he'd never expected someone to say a thing like that to him, yet it was accurate.

"We're both right," he says, pulling me closer to him simultaneously.

I goto rest my head upon his shoulder again, but Niall had other plans. Grasping my chin to stare up at him.

"Cupcake, let's make a deal."

I raise both of my eyebrows, holding my breath as I wait for Niall to continue. I try my best to ignore the sudden butterflies that had bloomed when he called me cupcake, focusing on the matter at hand.

I'd be lying if I'd said whatever deal Niall had in mind didn't cause any nerves within me to arise.

It wasn't at all bad. Challenging indeed, but not fully incompetent.

"Let's help each other get over our bad habits. It won't be easy and it might be hard, but I'd rather you help me than Miss Siddle or anyone else here, just think about it, please."

And I complied; thinking about Niall's deal for nearly several minutes already deeming it a rigorous proposition. Full of complexity and stress, overly.

I frown at him, shaking my head a tad. "I'm not too sure about that..," I truthfully state.

I wasn't too sure because I was entirely convinced I didn't have the right amount of confidence to pursue this "deal" full out.

Well until Niall had grasped my chin again, leaning in to press his lips against mine. I could already taste the persuasion from his lips alone. That at all didn't alter the way I returned the kiss.

And just like the night before I could feel the fireworks and butterflies and all the other soppy emotions reappearing even after Niall pulled away, flashing me his crooked smile immediately after.

I tried to hide the prominent heat forming on both of my cheeks, attempting to stare down at the wooden floor below me. Niall wasn't tolerating it: grasping my chin for about the third time this morning to stare at him again. His grin grew wider at the sight of my flushed face.

Niall poked my left cheek. "You have cute dimples," he compliments. "Just as pretty as you." he muses, finding himself getting sidetracked as he blinks out of his trance.

"So what do you say? Please say yes, we'll work on our habits together. Overcome them both together."

I breathe out a sigh, finding myself nodding, agreeing with Niall's proposal. And no it wasn't because he had kissed me or how persuasive he really was, but because Niall had a point.

We both were capable of helping one another. Both capable of overcoming our addicting habits, and capable of relying on each other whilst going through these yet undetermined obstacles.

I had a bit more confidence than I did priorly because I wasn't facing this obstacle alone, I had Niall. I could only hope he felt the same.
_______________________________________________________________________

A.N; A short, horrid chapter!

Next chapter: Narry fluff or..

What do you think will happen next?

Follow • Share • Comment • Vote

Always remember: Happy Reading!