CHAPTER 11

Next morning, Aileen woke to the melodious humming of Anna's voice, that echoed within her chambers, along with soft morning sun rays, dispersed within the room, enlivening and invigorating the chambers,which enhanced every aspect of her room. Aileen got up and sat straight, she smiled while stretching out her arms. Today it seemed a bright day, and may be her enthusiasm and exhilaration was a reason to it. She remembered Francois's information on the highwayman and though it was just the beginning of the day, she could not wait for the following night. Anna noticed her mistress and curtsied before her " Milady, you are up... Hope you had a nice slumber". Aileen nodded and smiled at Anna not feeling the need to answer her.

"Are my bath waters ready Anna??" Aileen asked her maid as she stepped down from her bed. Anna nodded at her and spoke, " Yes milady!". Aileen did not wanted to waste a minute of the day and may be she was just excited to locate the highwayman and get knowledge about her motive of being which was REVENGE from Crooke. Aileen disrobed herself and entered the calm hot water in the tub. She dipped herself in it until her face was only mere inches above water. She closed her eyes and sighed.

"Milady, How was the Ball??" Anna sat beside the tub as she untangled Aileen's hair and brushed them.

Aileen opened her eyes and smiled furtively as she knew the reason behind Anna's query," You don't need to be so polite Anna, at least when we are not accompanied by anyone. Tell me what gossip has prevailed the town??" Aileen raised her eyebrows questioningly, perking her head to the side, looking towards Anna.

 Anna smiled all knowingly at her mistress,"Well, Milady, Gossip is not much, only about the lavishness and luxury of the ball, but there is also some back-fence talk prevailing that, An Earl was brutally beaten up in the almack's gardens, but naught happens to know of the person behind his state. Though Earl said he tripped while taking a walk.", now her eye brows raised suggestively at Aileen. Both of them looked at each other and burst out into a fit of laughter. "I should have better known milady that you just cannot keep yourself away from any sorts of trouble." Anna spoke still laughing.

To this Aileen shrugged, " That filthy so called rake would have been fine, if he had tried to keep his hands to himself."  Aileen felt a rage within her as the image of the imbecile ran through her mind. It was necessary to teach him a lesson.

Anna spoke still smiling,"Well, he certainly is going to keep them out of other's territory from now on" . She imagined the condition of Earl after being beaten up by her mistress. She have seen her mistress as she practised all these years, and she was acquainted with her brilliant fighting skills. She told her,"Breakfast will be served in an hour and His Grace have asked for your presence on time." Anna got up as she  walked to her mistress's repository to find a suitable morning gown for her. 

Aileen was all dressed and ready for breakfast, and was making her way downstairs hastily as she was late for morning meal All of a sudden, she rushed into something hard and lost her balance, but rather it was someone, who took hold of her shoulders and steadied her in an instant to refrain her from a fall on her keister. Aileen looked up and was met by mesmerizing grey blue eyes, it was lord Damon. A sly smirk  played at his lips and it seemed as if his eyes danced to an amusing tune. Aileen blinked her eyes and jerked herself straight while she maintained her balance but she was still held by Lord Damon's calloused warm hands. She could feel those strong large hands warming her body, through the thin material of her gown and soon a blush came over her face. Damon did not let go her shoulders albeit she calmly moved herself out of his grasp. "Lord Damon, Good Morning and thank you" Aileen spoke with her eyes fixed to the floor.

Damon greeted her in a polite manner,"Good Morning, Lady Aileen, Watch your steps My Lady". Aileen just nodded at him and  descended from stairs calmly, towards the dining area. She did not want to say something to him, however to her dismay she also felt a loss of appropriate words in front of him. Soon Aileen entered the dining area with Damon behind her and greeted William and Beatrice, as she seated herself appropriately.