CHAPTER 41

Aileen was prepared that this trip might lead to her aim of life and the way Damon ascertained they will find something substantial for their further schemes. It might also lead to Crooke and end all this at once. It was the third week of her being in London and according to her promise with her uncle, she could leave after the month was over. Moreover, if all this ended now, she would not have to endure Damon's company. The man originated feelings in her, she were never used to. 

She was jumbled in the web of her thoughts when her maid Anna came inside her room,"My Lady, your aunt is having tea in the morning room." Aileen nodded at her and stood up from the chair she was seated at. She smothed the wrinkles in her gown and exited her room.

Aileen entered the morning room and found her aunt indulged in a cup of tea with a book on the table. She smiled and greeted her aunt Beatrice,"Good morning Aunty! I gather that nothing can stop you from a good read in the morning."

Beatrice looked up from her cup and smiled lovingly at her niece, she replied,"Ahh Good Morning Dear! I believe Old habits die hard, no matter wherever you are. Come sit with me and have a cup of tea."

Aileen smiled and nodded as she took the seat opposite her aunt,"I would love to. There is also a matter I wished to discuss with you over a cup of tea." Aileen had to take her aunt's permission to be away from house for a couple of days. Her plot to convince her aunt was already in motion and she had planned everything accordingly last night after Damon left her room.

Beatrice observed Aileen for a moment and asked her,"Whatever is the matter dear?" Beatrice knew her neice never did anything without her consent, and whenever Aileen wished to discuss something, it was mostly to 'ask' something. She waited for Aileen to speak her mind.

Aileen nodded at her aunt and said,"I have been invited to visit my dear friend Donna with whom I happened to form a strong friendship in a few days. She is expecting her first child and wishes to see me for a couple of days at her estate. I was wondering.. If I could go visit her?" Aileen hesitantly asked her aunt.

Beatrice took a sip of her tea and then asked her niece,"You are talking about Duchess Lorenzo?"

Aileen nodded and then Beatrice smiled,"I do not know if that should be a problem. If Duchess has invited you, you may go. Moreover, this is the first time you have been friends with a lady of society. She is a lovely girl. When would you wish to leave?"

Aileen beamed at her aunt and jumped up excitedly from her chair,"Ohh.. Thank you so much aunty. I would love to leave early in the morning tomorrow."

Beatrice shook her head as she saw the excitement in Aileen's eyes and sighed,"As you wish my dear. You may leave in the morning. I will inform Duke William." 

Aileen crossed the table and quickly hugged her seated aunt excitedly and thanked her many times for the permission. Beatrice laughed at her niece's excitement and sent her away to pack for the morning. 

Aileen felt happiness surge through her at the thought of having the freedom to be away from the proprieties and scrutinizing eyes of society. Everything fell accordingly since morning when her friend's invitation came to ask for her company in estate for a couple of days. Even though Aileen excused herself and apologize for not being in presence, she found the perfect excuse for her getaway as Masked Beauty for a couple of days.

Only Anna and Francois knew of her scheme and obliged with her. Francois will attach her stallion to carriage and act as footman who takes her to estate. Though, Anna wished to accompany her as chaperone which society demanded for ladies to have at all times, Aileen thought of excusing herself from having a chaperone since countrysides were rather forgiving in such matters. Well, at least the reason is fair enough to convince her aunt for not taking a chaperone along.