Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Gemma was paying for my dress with one of Chris's cards. He had a lot of cards. Kate went out to ask which one to use and come back as quickly as she cleft.

Looking a little off colour.

I give her a nod and she smiles back at me like nothing was wrong.

I'd have to quiz her on that later.

Watching Gemma pay, I still can't believe I agreed for him to do this. I think with everyone in the room I felt like I couldn't say no. I really wanted to say no... at the same time I'm glad I didn't.

The dress is amazing but was it worth that much? That's crazy for one dress.

"Gemma? Do you think it's too much? I mean the dress" I said moving over to her side. She rolled her eyes at me and let out a little laugh.

"Leah, you work with him. You know how rich he is" She said which didn't really answer my question.

I know he's rich and could afford a million times that one dress but I still wanted to know if she would pay that much.

"For him" I corrected her.

"What?" She said confused.

"I work for Chris not with him there's a difference. I'm not rich like him or you, I don't have pretty things and thousand-pound dresses. I'm just worried it's too much to... expensive"

"Leah let me tell you this now. Chris doesn't just see you as an employee... he sees you as a friend too. I can tell by the way he looks at you. And trust me when I tell you that a few hundred to his pocket is cheap. Mine's way over that and Lilly's would be if the modelling agency didn't make her wear the designer dresses out as publicity stunts. She gets everything for free. It's strange when your rich it's then that you get things free" Gemma tried to reassure me.

I guess I had to let this one go.

We walked into a small little local pub and could see the guys at the end of the bar already with their pints.

"Ya there you are honey, what would you lovely ladies like to drink" Karl said pulling an arm around his wife's shoulders and then looking at us. Paul and Ben were playing pool and Jay was there, enjoying themselves but I couldn't see Chris. I turned around looking around the small pub but still couldn't see him or Jake thinking about it.

"I think a couple of jugs of Pimms would be great," Lilly said "Connor's paying," she said smiling over at him next to Karl, leaning on the bar. He didn't argue but rolled his eyes and sighing making us all laugh.

"I'll just have an orange juice please," Gemma said. Karl looked down at her shocked and through her a questionable look. "I drank a lot last night that's all" she tried to explain.

"Know you didn't" Karl replied.

"I did?" she said nervously. "Oh well I am driving and all"

Karl just rolled his eyes and turned to me and Kate. "Chris and Jake are outside, why don't you guys go wait out there and we'll bring your drinks out to you" he smiled. Kate and I gave each other a look.

"We don't mind waiting"

"Yeah, we can wait," we both said. I knew why I didn't want to go out there but I wondered why Kate didn't.

"Don't be silly we don't mind. We've got these two for help" Connor said looking at Lilly and Gemma.

I put on a brave smile and started to walk out into the gardens.