Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Leah

This was a golf club? Are you joking? It's a bloody castle!

Looking around all I could see was the green. The grass, the trees. Living in London you forget about what nature looks like. Everything was silent. All you could hear was the wind in the trees and birds singing.

I loved it!

The club was huge. It looked like one of them castles you saw on them Jane Austen films, Pemberley. With wild flowers and a large blue lake. It was amazing.

Did her Granddad really own this? Why had she never known this before?

Pulling up on the long drive at the front of the steps, the staff came out to take our things for us.

"Mr Howard, with both Anderson's sisters" Chris said smiling at me from the corner of his eye.

"Yes sir. If you would all like to follow me I'll get you all checked in" the man said as we followed him.

I walked in behind the others slowly taking everything in. compared to outside, the inside was more modern that I would have thought. Everything looked... so rich. The fabrics, the chandelier and the paintings on the sealing.

Everything was the best of the best. It was classic, just like Granddad.

I was standing in the middle of the lobby looking up at the paintings, with my mouth open like an idiot. Before Chris said my name to come over to the desk. I walked over to them and Chris passes me my room key and a piece of paper with the week's activities.

"Christian!" a voice came from the door way. It was an elderly woman wearing a large summer hat and sunglasses. She had short black hair and tanned skin, and when she removed her hat and glasses I could tell it was his Mum. He looked so much like her.

"Mum! It's good to see you" Chris walked up to her and rapped his arms around his Mum giving her a bear hug.

"Look at you... you need fattening up my love" she said kissing his cheek. Behind her came running in two little boys, jumping up at Chris who catches them both in his arms.

"Simon! David! How dear you run out the car like that" a younger woman came. She was tall and thin looking like a supermodel with long blonde hair. I looked at Jess who seemed to just put her nose up at her and look away. Looking back at her I didn't see the little girl holding her hand. She looked about four or five, with bright ginger hair, like mine.

"Hey Gem" Chris said kissing her on the cheek and bending down to pick up the little girl "Hello kiddo, where's Karl?" Chris asked just before two tall good looking men came in the door way.

One was tall with board shoulders and dark black hair carrying in a new born baby in his arms. And the other was fair, just as tall and muscles like Chris's but comparing them both, Chris's face was gorgeous this guys was more of a pretty boys face younger.

"I'm going over there" Jess said walking over like she thought she was on a catwalk.

I stayed where I was thinking that Chris would want to greet his family without me in the way.

I watched at afar as he greeted the two men.

"How's my little Godson?" Chris asks looking at the little baby.

"He's been sleeping the whole way here" said the guy. I think this is his sister's husband Karl. He and Chris where best friends and started working together years ago before he married Chris's sister Gemma. Who must be the blonde girl and the other guy must be his younger brother Ben. I think he was the same age as me or a little older. It was weird how Chris was more like his Mum in looks with the black hair and greenly blue eyes and his brother and sister were both blonde and fair.