Chapter 4

Chapter 4

He told them I made a pass at him. He told them that I tried seducing him, that I got him drunk and tried to have my way with him. He said I've been obsessed with him for years but he just thought it a childish crush, being too young to understand that they were cousins, he was trying to be a good cousin by not telling everyone about the other times 'I' tried coming on to him!

He said that he kept saying no but I wouldn't stop and in my drunken state, as he tired pushing me off him I hit my head on the floor. He said he tried to help but I hit him over the head, out of anger of him not wanting to be with me.

He told them that he wasn't the only one that I've done this to.

He told them that not everyone got away like he did and that most of his friends I had seduced over the years, that I was the biggest slut at the school.

He told them... He told them... He told them lies!

The room went spinning and I fell to my knees on the floor in shock.

I couldn't breathe... I couldn't hear anything around me, other than my un-even breathing and the humming of his evil lies leaving his mouth.

No one came over to see if I was ok as I just sat there staring at the floor, what was happening? They couldn't believe what he was saying could they?

"Do you have anything to say?" Jessica said sat next to Mum who was crying. I looked around the room full of people looking at me like I was a disease.

"It's not true" I whispered as heavy tears fell from my cheeks. I was shaking uncontrollably and I tried to remember to breathe. "It's not true! He's lying, he tried... he was going to..." I tried to explain but my father stopped me.

"Get Out!" Dad yelled looking in the opposite direction.

"Dad?" I cried. How could they believe him?

"I said get out. Pack your things, you're not welcome here anymore" he said with the littlest of emotion, like he didn't even care he was getting rid of a daughter.

"But... but it's not true. Dad you have to believe me" I yelled rising to my feet, I knew I wasn't close to my family but we were still blood. That must mean something. "Please Dad" I cried.

"Don't call me that... you are not part of this family anymore. You have disgraced us for the last time" he yelled louder than I've ever heard him yell as he looked at me like... I was nothing to him.

"Where will I go...?" I whispered.

"I don't care; from now on I only have one daughter" That was the last thing my father said to me in five years.

I had to look after myself from that point on. I had nothing... no one. I could have gone to my granddads, I knew he would have helped me but I was so scared to face him after everything that happened. What if he didn't believe me? Then I would have lost everyone.

After that I went to London, worked in cafes and bars trying to get enough money in to start working on my music but with the debts coming in I needed a job to get myself back on my feet but the only thing was... I wasn't good at anything other than music.

I was lucky I ran into an old friend from school and she was working as an intern at H.E. and told me of the assistant job needed there. I was lucky at the interview; the lady was really nice and took a liking to me that was really how I got the job. I didn't know it was a personal secretary for the CEO and I didn't know it was for Christian Howard.

I had been working for the company for six months before I met him but I was still really nervous to meet him. He was beautiful, powerful and rich and I was... neither but I soon got used to being around him.

He talked so openly to me, I felt like I could say anything to him.

But not now! Not now that he was with 'Jessica'. I didn't want them finding where I was and what I was doing. I was so scared I would say something and he would tell her and like always she would go run and tell Daddy and they would ruin this job for me and the life I had worked so hard to build. I felt like a part of the life I had slowly built up without my family was already starting to fall. I felt empty inside thinking that the small friendship I had made with Chris was now getting taken away from me. Would he act, differently with me now that he was with Jess? Would they tell him about the pass, about why my dad kicked me out? Would he believe Alex's lies?

Well why wouldn't he I thought, it's not like he knows what I was like back then and what I'm really like now. Would he still want me working for him? Or would he see me as a scandal as well.

I could deal with him being with my sister and not with me but I couldn't deal with him thinking badly of me. Of him hating me and I couldn't not seeing him every day, smiling at me. I wouldn't let it happen. I wanted to show him who I really am, not who my family think. But I can't do that. I can't be near him without my feelings for him getting too strong. Starting Sunday morning when I see him, I'm going to spend the whole week trying to stay out of his way and my families. Then that way my heart will be safe.

Ring Ring Ring!!!

Who was calling me at this time of the morning? Well it was ten... but still! To be honest over the years I didn't have many friends, I didn't really like getting close to people. So hearing my phone ring on a Saturday morning was strange.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Leah, it's your mother" I heard a voice I hardly recognised. Did I hear her right? My Mother? What was she doing calling me? After nearly five years without a word and now she just calls me casually on a Saturday morning.

"How did you get this number?" I asked forgetting how rude I sounded I didn't really care anymore.

"Your grandfather" she answered bluntly. That couldn't be true! Grandfather would not have given her my number without asking me first.

"Oh" was all I could say.

I was in shock! I haven't spoken to her in so long, what did she want?

"You're probably wondering why I'm calling you, well Jessica told me all about her seeing you the other day at Christian's office and that your invited to your Grandfathers Birthday this week" she said so formally like this was a business call rather than speaking to a daughter you haven't seen in over five years.

"You heard correctly" I said.

"We thought it would be better if we were to see each other before the celebration so there is to be no conflict, at the affair" She said.

"...Ok" I managed to say. Conflict? Did they worry that I was to create conflict?

Oh yeah, because I was the one that had a flare for the dramatics.

"Good, I'm glad you agreed. We are all staying in London right now, so we are asking if you would like to come over for dinner tonight?" my jaw dropped.

Dinner... tonight... I was in shock I didn't know what to say; I didn't want to meet them for dinner I didn't ever want to see them ever again!

But how do you say no to someone that's trying to stop the conflict between them without starting drama... you can't.

"Ok..."' I said again, not saying anything else.

"Good, I shall be expecting you at seven then. Goodbye" she said hanging up before I had a chance to say 'Bye' back. I put down the phone and just stared into space.

Did that really just happen? Did I really just have, no more than a minute, conversation with my mother who I haven't spoken too in five years?

I phoned granddad but it goes to his answer phone most likely avoiding me after giving my number away.

"Hey, old man its Leah. Just thanking you for the heads up and giving my number out. Just got off the phone with Mother, asking be over for dinner round theirs tonight. I'm kind of freaking out about it so if you could call me back that would be great but if not I'll see you Sunday to ring your neck old man. Love You. Thanks again, Bye"

Oh, god what am I going to wear!