Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Chris

Walking out into the garden I can't believe my eyes when I see the kids running after Leah with the water guns. They look like their having so much fun and Leah looks the happiest I've ever seen her. She must love kids.

I don't really understand why but this puts a smile on my face. I liked that she was good with kids, playing like she was a child herself... "Wait" a voice said in my head. "Compared to you she is a child" it said again. If I think about it I am nine nearly ten years older than her.

Is that really that old?

Ah Yeah! When you were twenty she would have only been eleven. God it did sound bad like that.

Why am I even thinking about this? It's not like where together... and even if we were, we're both adults now. Age didn't really matter, right?

I walked over to her as the kids run to Karl. She looked shocked and embarrassed to see me as her face went from being white to a bright pink. I smiled at her and looked her up and down seeing her dripping clothes on her body. I couldn't help but look at her legs in the process; she was wearing shorts and a white tank top that had gone a little see through with the water.

My mouth suddenly became dire and I could see the dirty thoughts swimming in my mind. Those hot sweaty dreams about me ripping off her clothes and making love to her again and again were all rushing back in my mind. I had to clench my fist tight to stop myself from pulling her into my arms.

How could I have only just, thought about her as a child, Leah was all woman with everything in the right places. She was curvy and full, which would make every man feel whole holding her.

She was perfect.

I was now standing in front of her when she started laughing nervously crossing her arms around her chest.

"Having fun?" I asked smiling at her "You look a bit wet"

She gave me a look that said 'no shit Sherlock' she smiled at me and then put her hands on her hips giving a sarcastic "I don't know what you mean? I always look like this"

"Trust me if you always looked like that in the office we would never get any work done" I said in reply without even thinking. Why did I say that?! She looked a little shocked and shy again, before she changed the subject, clearing her throat.

"So what have you done today" she asked

"Me and the guys went golf and then to the pub" I said

"Oh you must be tired from playing all day?" she asked

"Who me? No I'm not tired, takes more than a day playing golf to take me down but if I was honest Karl and Connor look beat" I lied. I didn't want her thinking I was weak.

"Ok did you have fun then?"

"I did surprisingly well, thank you, I won"

"Surprisingly, I'm not surprised your great at everything... it's a little annoying" She said jokingly. I'm liking how open and free she feels towards me, over these days away.

"Oh really and why is it so annoying" I said in a teasing voice.

"Because one person can't be great at everything or he makes the rest of us normal people look bad"

"I'm not great at everything... just most things. I haven't got a musical talent like you" I said I knew what she was saying, I'm lucky I'm good at all different things but I'm not good enough at one thing to be classed as talented like she was. I just knew enough to do well.