Just Another Problem

Jenean's POV

I decided that maybe I was looking to hard into the whole Nathan situation. I decided I would cook him dinner and see what's on his mind. It was a little troubling considering I didn't know what to make. I decided on a sautéed mushrooms, mashed potatoes and gravy, smothered pork chops and corn. I set the table for just the two of us. I looked at the time and it was 6:38. Great now I have an hour to get ready before he'd be here. I went upstairs to take a shower and get dressed. A green trench coat, my black crop top, some denim shorts and my black combat boots with a few gold accessories would do the trick. I finished just in time. It was 7:30 and Nathan should be showing up about now. I set our plates and poured our wine.
An hour went by and still no Nathan. To say I was disappointed would be the least. I was hurt. This dinner meant a lot to me and he didn't show nor call to let me know he wasn't gonna show. After 9:45 I gave up all hopes and ate and cleaned up and went to bed. Something was definitely going on. Instead of pushing it I decided to step away. That was the last straw....this has been going on an entire month.
Before I went to bed I shot a text message to Nathan.
To:Nathan
I'm really hurt by your past and present decisions. When your ready to talk you let me know, I'm stepping back until we figure this out.
Jenean.

The text was sent and I was drained. I let sleep consume my body. The non stop ringing of my phone woke me the next morning. I was still tired but I knew I couldn't sleep forever. My mind was set, today was all about me.
I looked at my phone and saw a number that had me a little shocked. It was Xaiver's number. He was a friend of mind who moved to California to pursue his dreams in photography. He called three times. It must have been an emergency. After getting outta bed and making my way to the bathroom I called him back. After about the third ring he answered the phone sounding out of breath. I didn't know what was Going on but I was alert. "Hey Jenean, how have You been?" "Hey Xavier I've been good, about to get dress and head out to do something." " When did you get that fancy house?" I was now confused as to how he knew where I lived. I brushed it on the back of my mind but still wanted to know how. "Xavier.... how do you know where I stay?" The line was silent..... I heard something at the front door, sorta like a knock. "Hellooooo Xavier?" Still no response. As much as I walked to stay calm I felt my palms getting sweaty and my heart beat quicken. Before I knew it I was at the front door opening it. To say I was surprised was an understatement. "XAIVER!" I was excited to see him. Then reality set back in. I pushed him and said "you scared me!" "Calm down and stop pushing me."

He had looked completely different from the last time I saw him. "So when did little ole Xaiver decide to hit the gym?" I giggled and turned to go back to my room. I gestured for him to follow. "Living in Cali makes you wanna get in shape. The women, the sun, and the beach.... Yeah the gym became my friend." I was still pretty shocked at his new transformation. I walked to my closet to find something to wear. I decided on a sheer pink top with my neon colored halter top under and my denim shorts and my gladiator sandals. Since I've known Xavier for years I was comfortable with changing in front of him. So I started changing into my outfit for the day. "X, can you put my necklace on? It's on the dresser next to the window." When I heard no response I looked into the mirror only to see Xaiver in a trance while looking into his phone. "Hello, Xaiver?!?" He shook his head and said "yeah, wassup J?" "Did you not hear a word I said?"
"Ummmm, no what did you say?" Seriously! "Get my necklace off the dresser." He handed me my necklace and continued to stare into his phone. I was over it now. I walked out of my room and headed to the kitchen. "Hey Xavier do you wanna go out for breakfast?" You don't have to ask me twice, just means I'll have to hit the gym later." After rolling my eyes I grabbed my clutch and proceeded to the door. "Do you have anything in mind where you wanna eat?" "Ummmm let's try Bed N Breakfast." "Okay I'll drive." Xavier followed me to my truck and as soon as I started the truck he Bluetooth this phone to my speakers. Girls Love Beyoncé started playing and he sung the entire song with the volume at 50. "Ummmmm Xavier I would like to keep the Lil hearing I do have." "Ohhh my bad." Pulling into the parking lot I notice Nathan's car outside. I think Xavier noticed the look on my face because he instantly turns down the music and looks at the car. "Is this why you've been so quiet?" "It's nothing X. Let's just go inside and eat." My Mind was racing wondering what would he be doing here and not answering my calls.
    As we entered the restaurant my palms became sweaty and my throat instantly went dry. Not far from the doors sat Nathan.....with another female.............

AUTHORS NOTE: I Know Its Been A While Since I Updated This Story. Sorry For The Long Wait. And For Those Readers Who Asked About My Daughter She Is On My Profile Picture. I Will Be Updating This Story Again Very Soon. Just To Be Sure I'm Not Writing To An Empty Crowd I Need 30 Votes And 10 Comments.