My Backstage Prince chapter 21

(Author's note: I am so sorry for not being able to update for weeks. This is a short chapter, made from my 15-minute break from studying. Thanks for this story's loyal readers. )

Okay.  I left the ice cream shop with Ryuu-kun. We went to a shop and I helped him choose his new rubber shoes.

Shin never said a word to me as he went his own way with his friends. What was I expecting anyway? That shin will take me home?

Yumi, you need to stop expecting. You always end up disappointed. Stop. Just stop. Shin doesn’t like you. Yumi, just stop.

                It’s almost 9 in the evening and I haven’t got a call from Ariko yet. Kaito stil isn’t home. They aren’t answering my calls. What the hell happened?!

                Butler Lee seems to be informed of Kaito’s whereabouts but he refused to tell me.

                And the whole time, here I am, lying down on my bed and staring at the ceiling, replaying today’s events at the ice cream shop.

                Ugh! This is not fair! Shin is getting annoyed at me for something I had no control with! It’s not my fault Jiro suggested that Ryuu-kun is my boyfriend. Technically, it’s Shin’s fault for not revealing I’m his fiancée. He’s so confusing sometimes, to the point I don’t know what he likes.

                Or maybe he wasn’t annoyed for that reason at all. Maybe he’s just really bored that time.  Yeah. That’s right. He’s just bored.

                I was assuring myself over and over again when my phone started vibrating beside me.

                I picked it up and answered, hoping it would be Ariko.

                “Hello?” said a deep gentle voice,

                Shin?

                “Oh. Hi.” I quickly replied, feeling like I could jump in joy that he’s actually the first to call me.

                “Could you come outside? I’m at your gate.” He said in a low voice.

                “WHAT?

                “I’m at your gate. Could you please come out?” he answered patiently.

                “Uh. Sure. Wait for me.”

                I hung up and I let out a squeal of. Why does he ask me to go out when the guards could let him in without questions. But I didn’t complain much since I really want to see him. But it’s really weird for him to come visit me at this late hour.

                I felt my heart gave a nervous thud. What if he’ll say something bad again?

                I ran quickly through the hallways, stairs and in a matter of few minutes, I was holding the doorknob and I will face him again.

                I shrugged and took a deep breath before stepping outside.

                And there he was, handsome as ever.

                I walked faster and went outside the gates.

                He was leaning on the wall, still wearing his uniform, a big paper bag at hand.

                “Shin, why aren’t you going home yet?” I asked.

                He turned his head to look at me and smiled, “I came to give you this.”

                He gave me the paper bag he was holding and I took out whatever what was inside. It was a big ladybug stuffed toy. With all the red and white. Ohmygosh. I’ve always adored ladybugs.

                “Thank you.” I said, totally surprised and totally confused on what to say. Is he making up for what happened earlier? I was speechless. Should I still say something?

                “You don’t get it, do you?” he smiled longingly.

                I raised one eyebrow.

                “Today is June 23.” He started.

“I know that.” I said to him, confused.

“It’s exactly 10 years ago since the first time we’ve met and the first thing you’ve said to me is, ‘Do you like ladybugs?’ Of all questions, ou asked me that particular one!” he laughed. A very carefree laugh. Something unusual for Shin.

                I joined in his laughter, feeling so happy that he still remembered that scene. It’s been a decade. We’re both five-year-olds then and still, everything has changed.

                “You came all over the way to my house just to give me a ladybug?” I teased him.

                “If you don’t want it, I could always get a refund.” He said.

                I hugged the huge ladybug tight, “No. I’m kinda liking it.”

                “Kinda?” he repeated as he raised one eyebrow.

                “Kinda.” I repeated.

                “That’s it. I’m getting it back.” He joked, pretending to reach out for the paper bag.

                “It’s rude to take back gifts.” I reminded him.

                “I’m just kidding.” He murmured.

                “I know.”

                He smiled again. I smiled back.

                He held my free hand and pulled me closer to him. I could feel the heat coming from his body and my heart started beating like crazy from our sudden intimate distance.

                I could still smell his perfume and he smells so good, considering he’s been wearing the uniform the whole day.

                Wait! HE IS HOLDING MY HAND! SHIN IS HOLDING MY HAND! What is happening?!

                He closed the distance between us by surprising me by kissing me on the forehead.

                “Happy tenth anniversary, Yumi.” He whispered beneath the gleaming nightsky.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is official: I am putting ALL of my stories ON HOLD. I'll update them around mid-October and that is a promise. Sorry for this notice. I'm really busy with school that I can't write chapters anymore. I hope you'll understand. I'LL B BACK REAL SOON. Thank you. :)