My Backstage Prince Chapter 4

(I may say this is a boringchapter but it's just here. thanks.)

I sat down again and closed my eyes. I'll just pretend nothing happened. Then, unease was getting into me. I don’t know why. I'd rather sleep than think about this.

                Then, someone tapped my shoulder. I hold my breath. I opened my eyes immediately. It was my brother, Kaito.

                I exhaled in relief.

                “Are you trying to sleep?” he asked while laying the plates of food he got on the table.

                “I guess I did sleep.” the statement I said sounded like a question so he looked suspicious.

                It was Western desserts: crab cakes, banana split, tiramisu, parfaits and puddings. He also brought two large glasses of iced tea.

                “Wow. You sure eat a lot, Kaito.” I complimented, picking a piece of crab cake.

                He rolled his eyes then he occupied himself with a slice of tiramisu.

                Hmm. I wonder if all about that stranger boy was just a dream. I'll admit I was a bit sleepy before he came...

                Perhaps it was just a dream. My tired mind was just imagining and playing tricks with my visions. I couldn't even distinguish what is dream from reality. But I must admit my mind is really good for imagining a handsome like that.

                I shook my head in disapproval.

                “Hey, Yumi! You okay?” Kaito called out as he chewed a bite.

                I nodded, “Why do you ask?”

                “You looked like you were having an internal struggle or something.” Kaito joked.

                “Don't mind me. Just eat.” I commanded.

                He went back on eating the desserts.

                I decided to risk a glance sideways, to the chair vacated by Ariko-chan and if I'm not mistaken, the gorgeous guy in my dream.

                I gasped with what I saw. There was something dark on the chair. Good thing Kaito didn't notice.

                I looked around to make sure no one was looking. When Kaito was watching the dance floor, I took the opportunity and grabbed whatever it was.

                It was a midnight blue handkerchief striped with thin white. I sniffed it and it smelled like a man's perfume.

                I swallowed. It wasn't a dream at all. That guy was for real.

                I looked again at the handkerchief. It was neatly folded. I opened the first two folds and something fell from the middle of the folds.

                I picked it up from the green grass below. It was a heart-shaped platinum locket surrounded by shimmering diamonds.

                I wonder for whom it could be. Does the boy have a girlfriend? Well, why should I care?

                I opened the locket. It was real pretty. The left side was a picture-holder with an outline of diamonds sunken into the platinum metal. On the right side was a cursive letter Y in silver.

                The locket was finely detailed and refined. It was probably a valuable item so I put it back inside the folds of the handkerchief and placed it inside my purse. He said I'll see him soon so I will just return it when that 'soon' comes.

                I just finished eating the strawberry parfait when five men in black suit came to our table, looking tired but excited.

“There you are both of you, Nakayama-san.”, panted the smaller old man in front of Kaito.

                “Who are you?” Kaito asked, looking up to the man who was gussying up himself.

                “We're just here on orders. Don't worry. No harm will be done. Just come with us.” said the smaller old man with a weird smile on his face.

                I started to feel scared. Are these five mysterious men kidnappers? Well, they look like they could be.

                I wanted to run but Kaito isn't looking at me so I couldn't send him the message.

                “Well. Sorry about this.” said the small man. “Get them.”

                The two men at the back grabbed each of my upper arms and held me captive. The other two men did the same to Kaito. But their grasp was not tight.

                I wondered, Are kidnappers gentle?

                I protested, “What are you doing?! Let go of us! “

                I wondered why people at this party aren't noticing what's going on. Is the party so enjoyable that they didn't even noticed that there is a kidnapping going on here?

                Kaito just kept quiet the moment after the small man whispered something to his ear.

                But I continued shouting at the top of my lungs to attract some people's attention but the loudness of the music was drowning my yells.

                They dragged us to the direction of the mansion. Isn't it they are supposed to be dragging us out of this place? Do they have some motive? Are they using us baits or something?

                “Hey! Where are you taking us?!” I yelled.

                We were now walking up the entrance of the mansion outside roof.

                We continued to walk up the marble stairs to the marble double doors that will lead to the inside of the mansion. He opened it and continued to drag us eastward through a lot of door arches.

                “HEY! LET US GO! YOU IDIOTS! WHERE ARE YOU TAKING US?!” I yelled at the most loudest voice I can mange.

                “YOU---”my voice trailed away as the small man opened the double doors.

                The first thing I saw was the face of my mother, staring at me worriedly.

                WHAT IS GOING ON?!