My Backstage Prince chapter 20

(Author's note: SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPLOAD. :( And this chapter might not be that interesting but I need to write it to serve as a transition. Warning: this is a bit uninteresting but I hope you will still read it. NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE BETTER, I PROMISE .  P.s. the cover and the side picture is the Kimi ni todoke movie.)

Ariko was already sleeping on one of the three soft mattresses on the floor.  Shina was sleeping on the third mattress. I’m betting they did have a short awkward encounter a while ago. I guess I have to sleep in the middle. The lights were all off. It was quiet and the silence was comfortable.

                There was a soft knock on the door and I almost jumped in surprise.

                It was Kaito, gesturing for me to come out.

                I went out again.

                “Are you alright?” I asked him.

                “Yeah. Just a bit stressed.” He admitted as he folded his arms and leaned against the velvet wall.

                “What did she tell you? Shina, I mean.” I asked, though I had an idea when I eavesdropped a while ago.

                “She was serious. She’ll stay here, at her aunt’s and go to Kaisei.”

                I figured that one out, “What about Ariko? Your one-month condition.”

                “I know. It’s complicated.”

                “What’s complicated, Kaito? You said you like Ariko so go out with her for real. And you said you’re over shina.” I reminded him.

                “You’re right. But Ichirou likes Ariko. He’s a better guy than me. Don’t fuss. I heard you at the bonfire.”

                SO kaito was hesitating because of Ichirou-kun. He thinks he’s better for Ariko.

                “But Ariko likes you! You like each other.” I muttered.

                “True. But it just got complicated. Shina’s here.”

                “Don’t tell me you still…”

                “I don’t know. As I’ve told you, it just got complicated.” He sighed in frustration.

                I sighed, like him, “Go fix this mess, brother. Just choose honestly, okay?”

                I was getting stressed and it feels like my head is going to explode. His love complications are getting so jumbled up.

                He nodded and with that, we came back to our own rooms.

                I didn’t sleep much that night. Well, if you are in my case, you would understand why. My two best friends from two places are fighting over the same guy. And not just any guy, he’s my twin.

 I was the last girl to sleep but I was still the first one to sleep. I quickly brushed my teeth and changed from my pajamas.

                When I came back from the bathroom, Shina was already awake.

                “Ohayo.” She greeted me cheerfully. *ohayo=good morning*

                I greeted her back and sat on the edge of my bed.