My Backstage Prince chapter 13

(Author's note: Try playing the song I placed on the side. It's named Jikan Yo tomare by AZU. It's a Japanese song, obviously. It's really nice. Check it out.)

“I picked ‘one’.” I said then I noticed Shin looked up to me in disbelief.

                “We’re together again?” Shin asked in a manner that tells me he’s teasing me.

                “’Curse fate.’” I muttered as I noticed him smile. He said it once when we were partners for the report.

                Mom and Dad were partners as so the Shin’s parents.

                Ariko was paired with Ichirou-kun while Kaito was with Butler Lee. The other three butlers were the by-standers at the camp.

                Ariko looked disappointed because it might be the chance to confess anyway but nevertheless, excited to be at camp.

                Ichirou-kun and Kaito, the ever0cheerful persons I’ve ever met.

                “Okay. I welcome you to the TEST OF COURAGE of the annual bonfire night of the Nakayamas!” Dad said as he raised a flag and waved it. It made us all laugh.

                Butler Lee gave us and the other pairs a sheet of paper for the stamps.

                “Here’s the rule. Collect five stamps and after that, find your way back to camp. There are people here to observe the time. It’s simple. The team with the shortest time wins. Shin and Yumi will start followed by Ichirou and Ariko. Then Ekiko and Ojiro followed by Reina and I. Last team to enter will be Kaito and Butler Lee. Remember this: do not go off the trail. It’s too much dangerous. And what you might see or hear beyond the norms will be yours and your partner’s secret. Do not tell it to other. Also, I will give each pair a first aid kit, just in case, and a bottle of water. Oh right, a flashlight too. That’s it. We allow no cellphones. Just a whistle. Blow your whistle if you withdraw from this game and a few of my servants will help you out of the forest. Let’s now begin.” Dad explained but I’ve heard this speech so many times ago.

But it terrifies me just the same. Before, we enter the forest as a quartet, now, as a pair. IT really creeps me out.

                They all wished us good luck and all.

                Shin tapped my shoulder and said “Come on.”

                We set off. It was pretty much dark in the boundaries of the forest. The only light that guides you is the moon. What is creepier tonight is that we have a full moon. A kind of orange and yellowish perfect circle moon. Right.

                “Shin, aren’t you afraid?” I asked, wanting to break the eerie silence. I’ve kept hearing bat-like sounds and weird noises.

                “Why would I?” he simply muttered then he stifled a yawn as he randowmly points the flashlight to any direction.

                “Um. There could be…supernatural beings out here.” I tried, my voice stuttering.

                The night breeze blew hard and I felt the cold that made me shiver.

                I clutched Shin’s arm. Being out here can make a person paranoid.

                “There are none. Let’s just go collect the stamps, okay?” he said as he tapped my head. It made me feel a bit safer.