My Backstage Prince Chapter 5

“Oh my! I told you take them here.” said a pretty woman who looks like she was of the same age as my mom.

                She was elegant in her short reddish brown hair, dull brown irises and slender body. She was wearing a long black gown like my mother. Did she attend the party too?

                “Sorry about that, Karasuma-dono.”, said the small man. “They refused us.”

                Karasuma-dono?

                “Yes. I expected that one but you didn't need to frighten them and drag them all the way here without telling them who sent you.” said the pretty woman. “But thank you. You may go now.”

                The two men who were holding me captive in the wrists let go of me and both said sorry. The same was for Kaito.

                It was a sitting room where two wide black leather sofas stood and a coffee table. And there were no walls. Just see-through clear glass that serves as walls.

                On the first one was my mother and my father. On the second one was a good-looking man who looked like he was also of the same age of my father. Also, there was a handsome young man there, looking at me with an encouraging smile.

                “Come. Sit.” said the pretty woman to both of us and led us to sit beside our parents.

                I sighed slowly in relief, that there wasn't really a kidnapping. My mother gently tapped Kaito and my shoulder and dad smiled at us. I could be at ease now.

                “Mom, dad. What was that all about? I was so scared. I thought they were...kidnappers?” I whispered.

                “Oh. Don't you worry. We called you. We will just talk about something. Besides, I was worried with you being outside.” mom said to us as she gave me a light tap on the shoulder.

                “No. We're fine.” I whispered.

                “Hi, Yurimi-san! I'm Ekiko Karasuma.”, greeted the pretty woman.

                “I'm Ojiro Karasuma, her wife.” said the man beside dad.

                “Nice meeting you, Yurimi-san. I'm Ichirou Karasuma, their eldest son.” said the young guy beside his father.

                “It's my pleasure to meet you all.” I smiled. “Ichirou-san, is this party for you?”

                “Uh. No.” he simply answered.

                “Oh.”

                Well. Ichirou-san is the eldest son and Ariko said the youngest son is the reason of the party. I wonder who he could be. There is no other person around except for butlers and men in black suits whom are probably bodyguards. God, I'm stupid.

                The adults continued to chat animatedly, leaving their children nothing to do. For the third time, I am again in this kind of situation.

                Kaito already fell shamelessly asleep on the edge of the couch. He must’ve been tired. I slumped my shoulders, feeling bored.

                “Want some cinnamon tea, Yurimi-san?” Ichirou-san asked me all of a sudden.

                “Sure.”, I breathed.