Chapter14 Nightmares, Past And Icecream

_____Ashley's POV_____

Ashley....Ash....This is your fault...

Only yours....

I'll never forgive HER for what she did. I'll never forgive HIM....

Wasn't supposed to be like this...

Can't take it anymore...Hurt, trust, betrayal....

Family...friends....love.

Nothing left....Its all over....

Can't live anymore...Walls closing down....Head feels heavy....

Sky....high up on the terrace....look down at the traffic....a step....

Close...now...Jump!

"No!!" My shriek echoed through the huge room. I quickly sat up on the bed, drenched in sweat. I looked around, noticing that I was in the guest room, just where Everly had left me.

The door of the room barged open, revealing Everly and her parents standing there, wide eyed and anxiety written all over their faces. I tried to calm down my breathing, tears streaming down my face as I pulled off the covers and ran towards Evie. She immediately engulfed me in a big bear hug. "Everly...I saw it. I saw...i-it again.." I cried softly in her shoulder. She tried to calm me down, rubbing my back.

"Mom, dad, I'll stay here for tonight. Don't worry okay, we'll be fine." she said turning around to her parents and giving them a small smile. I unwrapped my arms from around her and turned towards Mr and Mrs Spencer. "I-I'm really sorry for waking you guys up at this hour. A-And you don't have to stay with me Eve, I'll be fine." I said turning to face her again. She looked at me disapprovingly, shaking her head.

"No Ash. I'm stay-" I cut her off, taking deep breaths so my voice wouldn't crack up in between. "Its okay. I'm fine. I need some time alone. You can go to sleep. We'll talk tomorrow." she sighed and then nodded her head slowly while her parents made a move out. "Call us if you need anything hon." Mrs Spencer called from behind her, leaving with her husband. "Sure." I replied.

"Eve. Just go. Don't worry." I tried reassuring her once again. I didn't want her to worry for me, she already did, too much. Hugging me once more she walked out of the guest room.

I took a deep breath in and took small steps towards the en suite. Splashing some cold water on my face, I looked myself into the mirror. My face had gone pale and my grey eyes were as dull as they could ever be. There were dark bags under them. I let out a sigh, running my hands through my hair. I'll have to apply more makeup than usual to cover up those dark circles when I go out.

Going to bed now would be useless after that nightmare. It was the same as always. I got one of those once in a few months, especially when THIS day was nearing. I dreaded that date and that night. I never wanted to recollect it again. Ever.

But seems like it won't leave me alone. Those nightmares have been haunting me since two years. Behind my everyday activities, school, boyfriends, fights, parties, there's always this thing going on in the back of my mind.

What if I'd stopped him somehow? Would Harry be alive? Would dad be alive?

And the answer just makes me want to cry more and more.

They would be HERE. If it weren't for the stupid ME. We would be a happy family. Just like we used to be.

I still remember that phonecall. That one phonecall which could've gone the right way. But it didn't.