Chapter18 When The Delinquent Steals Cash, She Treats Her Orphan Buddies.

[Unedited]

___Ashley's POV___ (A little recap here..)

I no longer remembered the insults Kyler threw my way or whatever he said about Jacob. All that went down the drain. All I knew was that I was back...I was back to my vulnerable stage...two years ago. Tears began to flow from my eyes before I could stop them. Kyler's drunk face flashed with anger, guilt and sympathy but I didn't want anything from him...

Soon Kyler's face was a blank mask. He just stared at me. He had only seen me crying twice. One would be when I slapped him across his face the night Harry and dad passed away. The other would be at their funeral when I wasn't bawling my eyes out but silent tears kept flowing out from my eyes and they wouldn't stop until I cried myself to sleep.

A hand was placed on the small of my back, sending waves of heat through my body. With glassy eyes I turned around to find Jacob staring at me. Till now when I was cursing at Kyler I didn't even remember him standing here with me. His face was void of emotions. I don't blame him, he doesn't know a thing about what's going on. This is another moment where Jacob gets to witness my bloodshot eyes and tear stained pale face. I hate crying. Moreover, I hate it even more when someone else is watching it. Crying is for the weak.

I'M NOT WEAK.

Before I could protest, Jacob had pressed me against his chest just like he did minutes ago when a car almost ran over me. The familiar tingles welcomed me as I buried my face in his shirt, staining it in the process. I was shaking miserably and cursing myself for being so vulnerable. Jacob's right hand-the non-plastered one-was roaming up and down my back in a soothing way until it rested on my waist.

He kept murmuring words in my ear to keep to situation under control. To my surprise,

I didn't pull away...and I hugged him back...

I didn't pull away from him when I felt his grip on my waist getting tighter. Thankfully this is one of the deserted streets of the town. That's why I easily got the parking space I needed and the secret pub 'Voltage' is also located here.

Someone coughing and groaning in the background caught our attention. I let my hands fall to my sides from Jacob's torso. He held me still, searching my eyes to see whether I would end up crying like a wuss again. I pulled away completely and turned to face an unconscious jerk. Kyler Johnson.

"What do we do with him?" that was Jacob, worrying about his best friend. I shrugged nonchalantly, it was better this way. If Kyler was in his senses, I'd beat him to death for all the pains he's caused me and my family. I bet Jacob wouldn't want to see his face if he knew the truth. For some reason I felt bad for keeping Jacob in the dark. Maybe because he had witnessed too many things from today and yesterday at the orphanage when he made his discovery. (aka found me crying)

"Dump him in the waste bin?" I smirked. Woah..finally I was out from crying and back to normal I guess. I would like it to stay that way. Can't risk getting busted by Jacob this soon. I've only known him from over a week. Not that I don't trust him...but still.

Jacob rolled his eyes at my comment, a small relieved smile tugged on his lips as he gave me his signature disapproving yet amused shake of the head. "Okay, okay. I can't send him to hell while you're here so why not take him to his house?" Jacob seemed to approve of this as he walked a few steps to where Kyler was slumped down against the lampost muttering incoherently under his breath.

Within ten minutes, he was stuffed at the back of my borrowed car with Jacob by my side who was panting breathlessly. "I really need to hit the gym", I cocked an eyebrow. My suspicions were confirmed. Obviously studying day and night, locked up in your room doesn't get you muscles like that. (Courtesy our little meeting at his house:he was shirtless then)