Chapter Thirteen: Disappointment.

The next few days leave Kageyama confused and hurt enough for him to actually admit to himself that he's hurt. Emotional pain was something he can usually deal with but this... this felt like being shunned by his former team and like losing to Aoba Josai combined. It's horrible. He doesn't understand anything.

On Monday, everything had been perfect. After school, he went out and brought a volleyball for Hinata and he set out a mental plan as to how he'd ask Hinata to be his boyfriend.

So, on Tuesday, he asked Hinata to come round his house where he planned to give Hinata the volleyball and ask that nerve wracking question. Hinata said that he was busy and couldn't make it that week which... was fine. Kageyama could wait.

Then, Hinata disappeared at lunch time. It wasn't until Wednesday that Kageyama heard from Tsukishima, Tsukishima, that Hinata was supposedly hanging around with a bunch of girls.

It's Thursday that Noya dropped a magazine in his lap after it's once again made clear Hinata isn't eating with them.

That's where he is now. Sat behind the gym with all the team, minus Hinata, staring at a dumb magazine with a dumb article about modelling with a snapshot of Hinata being true to his dumbass nature.

Kageyama quickly comes up with two explanations.

One: Hinata lied about being a model. Or Two: Somehow a picture taken on that say ended up with the models pictures.

Theory number two seemed most likely. After getting passed the why of picture being there, Kageyama realises that this must be the reason that Hinata is getting so much attention.

It's not the fact Hinata has lots of girls around him that hurts. Or even the fact that Hinata isn't eating with him at lunch. The thing that hurts is how the shorter boy seems to have left what happened between them over the weekend at his grandma's house. Beyond blushing a little more than usual, Hinata is acting completely normal around him. Well, except the whole hanging around with girls thing. Which is a big thing.

Kageyama has to stop himself from sighing. Perhaps his assumption that Hinata likes him as much as he likes Hinata isn't anywhere near accurate.

His chest aches. He feels ill. If it weren't for practice later, he might've wanted to go home. Curl up in bed and maybe ask his mum for advice - she seems to not mind the idea of him and Hinata being more than friends, after all.

"Does Hinata know that this is there?" He asks Noya when he pushes down all the horrible feelings that are slowly wrapping themselves around his heart.

The boy stood in front of Kageyama raises an eyebrow. "Of course he does. He's a model!"

Kageyama allows himself a small chuckle before he shakes his head, ignoring the odd looks he reserves for laughing. "No, he isn't. Sayuri must have mixed up her photos with the photographers. She's a model, Hinata was there to offer support."

"How'd ya know?" Tanaka asks, seeming deflated after being told he couldn't tease Hinata about being a model. The same could be said of Noya.

"Because the shoot was by my grandmother's house -  where I spent the long weekend."

Nishninoya nods and takes back the magazine. His eyes then light up and his head snaps up so he's meeting Kageyama's eye. "So is this Sayuri the cute girl that Hinata told us about?" He asks.

Tanaka stands and eagerly leans forward, both he and Noya waiting for his reply.

Kageyama just shrugs. "I'm not sure." He lies.

They slump but nod. Thankfully the conversation takes a different turn soon and Kageyama leans back against the wall of the gym and begins to eat his lunch.