Chapter Eleven: Cold.

A/N: Okay, guys, I just wanted to let you know that this story is nowhere near over. Please enjoy the fluff while you can :)

---

Fuck. Hinata's lips... Kageyama had absolutely no idea that someone's lips could be so pleasant and velvety. Especially in a cold cave. Somehow, though, Hinata's lips felt as soft as... No, Kageyama can't compare the feeling of them. They're in a league of their own.

Kageyama feels a bit light headed. Like it's a dream or he's been drugged or something. It's strange, really. He's actually kissing Hinata. His dorky little teammate that got excited over hot chocolate with marshmellows and cream on top.

Parting his lips, Kageyama deepens their kiss. His tongue slides into Hinata's mouth. The smaller boy makes a soft sound, a moan, as their tongues slide together and it's then that Kageyama is struck by another fact.

Hinata is kissing back.

That's even stranger... Not that he's complaining. Kageyama grins, their lips parting briefly. He doesn't allow Hinata time to think too much, however, and presses their mouths together again.

Much more sure of himself now (okay, only a bit more sure), Kageyama raises a hand to the back of Hinata's head, his fingers threading through the wet orange locks to ensure they remained close. He got no complaint from Hinata, being kissed back just as eagerly.

Kageyama kisses the smaller boy for as long as possible, sucking and biting his lips to regain his breath before kissing him again. That technique only worked for so long, though, and he soon has to pull back.

They're left panting and staring at one another. Hinata's eyes are wide and his lips looked throughly kissed, having turned a slight red colour. His hair is sticking up at the sides where Kageyama ran his hands through his hair. Smirking, Kageyama meets Hinata's eyes.

"Answer your question?" He asks.

Hinata continues to stare. Then, true to his nature, Hinata seems to magically get all his stamina back.

He practically throws himself at Kageyama, straddling him and pushing their mouths together again. This time their kiss is searing hot. Their lips meeting aggressively. Briefly, Kageyama considered how pretty Hinata will look with bruised lips.

Kageyama allows his eyes to shut. One hand travels to the back of Hinata's head again and the one lay on the floor, keeping him up right. He soon abandons the thought of staying upright, though, much more interested in keeping their pace of the kiss.

He falls back, head narrowly avoiding a practically pointing part of the wall that would have done deadly damage to his head. Kageyama doesn't stay on his back for long, rolling them over.

He pulls back to take in the sight of Hinata on his back, panting and looking completely dishevelled. It was a lovely sight, indeed. Being flat on his back with Kageyama on top suited Hinata, he decides. Leaning down, Kageyama presses their lips together again. His knee places itself between Hinata's legs, just high enough to be suggestive but not too high.

As.. appealing as the idea of taking here and now is, Kageyama doesn't want to do /that/ for the first time in a cave without any prepartion.

"K-Kageyama?" Hinata stutters, his hands pressing on Kageyama's chest to push him back a bit.

Taking the hint, Kageyama lifts his head back and meets Hinata's eyes. "Yes?" He asks.

Hinata swallows, eyes darker than usual as he props himself on his elbow. His eyes run down Kageyama's body and then back up to his face.

"We should stop." Hinata says at length.

The words sting. Kageyama doesn't understand. Why should they stop? Why does Hinata want to stop? He clearly had no intention of stopping when he threw himself, quite literally, at Kageyama.

Hinata's eyes widen and Kageyama realises the hurt must have shown on his face. He quickly works at concealing his feelings and backs away from Hinata.

Hinata shakes his head, sending drops of water flying everywhere from his still wet hair. He pushes himself up and towards Kageyama.

"I-I didn't..." He blushes. "I didn't mean that I want to stop. It's getting late... and cold."

Hinata is shaking, Kageyama realises. From the cold. And his lips are looking alarmingly more purple/blue than red.

Kageyama nods and briefly presses their lips together before he grabs the rope. He ties it around himself before Hinata can argue.

They both slide into the water. It's icy cold now. By the time they've made it out of the cave, they're both shaking violently.

Kageyama was 0% surprised at his mother's reaction to them coming in. First, she shouted, then she fussed over them and brought them layers and layers of clothing while she ordered Kageyama's father to put the fire on. Then she scalded them again as she pushes hot chocolate into their hands and drapes a blanket over their shoulders. All the pampering did lessen the effect of her scalding but Kageyama was sure that her concern outweighted the anger so he guesses it doesn't matter too much.

They're left in front of the fire, having their dinners there. Even his grandmother was concerned to the point she broke the golden rule of not eating as a family.

It's late and dark outside. Anything could have happened. Kageyama bites his lip, guilt consuming him. He didn't mean to worry his family.

Hinata just stares at the fire, only speaking to say sorry or thank you to people. He looks a bit out of it but more than anything, he looks tired.

Kageyama supressed his urge to take the other boy in his arms. He doesn't want to overstep any boundaries. Kissing in a cave alone and kissing while his family are ten metres away are two very different things. That and he's got no idea what Hinata is thinking.

Maybe he regrets it.

"Hinata-"

Kageyama is cut off by a loud yawn from Hinata. Rubbing one eye, Hinata turns his head towards Kageyama.

"Yea..." The word trails off into another yawn.

Smiling fondly, Kageyama stands up and offers his hand to help Hinata up. "Let's go to bed."

Hinata nods, taking the hand and standing up, dusting himself off after. "Bed sounds good."

Kageyama nods and follows Hinata upstairs, a little disappointed to see someone had blew up the air mattress and put it beside the bed. He smiles again, though, when Hinata collapses on to it and curls up, clearly just seconds from sleep.

Kageyama walks over quietly and pulls the blanket over him properly before he turns off the light and climbs into his own bed.

He doesn't remember falling asleep, he barely remembers getting under the covers but the next thing Kageyama knows is that he's awake. He frowns, trying to figure out what woke him. Kageyama is just about to push himself up when he hears it. A sneeze, followed by little sniffles.

Rolling over, Kageyama's eyes find Hinata. He's curled tightly into the covers but he's shaking as if cold. When he sneezes again Kageyama comes to the horrifying realisation that Hinata must have caught cold when they were out in the damn water last night. Sighing, Kageyama sits up.

"You made yourself ill, dumbass." Kageyama murmurs, concious of the fact his mother is likely still asleep considering the clock displays 04:12.

"N-Not my fault!" Hinata exclaims before shivering again.

"You wanted to swim." Kageyama points out before he opens his blanket, eyes fixed on the back of Hinata's head. "Come here, idiot."

Hinata rolls to look at why Kageyama was asking. When he sees the blanket lifted in invitation his cheeks glow a brilliant red. "N-No! What if your parents come in?"

"My mother already 'caught' us."

"There isn't anything to catch, we're not doing... dirty things together." He says before sneezing.

Kageyama sighs. "Will you stop being dumb and just get up here? It'll be warmer with two in the bed." He then stands, shivering a little once he's out of the bed. "I'll go get some tablets and stuff."

Kageyama leaves to do as he said he would. When he returns, he smiles at the sight of Hinata curled up in his bed. He climbs in and feeds the boy medicine, enjoying the blush it brought to Hinata's cheeks far more than he knows is decent.

"I hate you." Hinata huffs once he's taken the required amount of the foul tasting liquid. He curls up again, hiding his face in the pillow.

Kageyama just chuckles and lays down beside him. He bits his lip, hesitating, before he moves closer and puts an arm around Hinata's waist.