Chapter Eight: Giggles.

A/N: Picture is a cover made for this story by  aciddaisies_ :D

Also, what so you guys think of the new cover? Should I change it back or keep this one? Or use the one Ano made? 

---

"Um... Kageyama-"

"I know!" Kageyama snaps, already frustrated enough about the situation. Hinata stating the obvious wasn't going to help one bit right now (well, it never did help but still).

Silence drags on for a long time, the only sound in the room is their quiet breathing and occasionally a sigh from Kageyama as he stares at the bed and debates what to do. 

There are a number of things he could do. He could wake up with parents - but he doesn't want to do that. He could search for the air mattress and spare covers himself (and risk making noise that could wake everyone up). He could make Hinata sleep on the floor anyway... but that was rather cruel even for their friendship and his mother would shout at him. She would also shout if he made Hinata sleep on the sofa as well. Or, and it really was a last resort (but the safest, kindest way), he could share the bed with Hinata.

"I'm going get shouted at." Kageyama decides aloud, moving to the cupboard in the room to check for the blow up mattress.

It isn't there. This doesn't come as a huge surprise to Kageyama but he's still disappointed. It would have made life much easier if someone, for whatever reasons, had decided to out the blow up mattress and pump in his room.

The pump... A loud, annoying thing that would definitely wake his mother, a light sleeper, up. So that means the air bed is out of the picture. He's not going to risk waking her up. Not only because he doesn't want to be shouted at but also because he is a good son and he doesn't want his mother to be tired on her weekend away to relax.

With another sigh, Kageyama looks at Hinata for the first time since entering the room. Hinata is looking down at his feet, holding the edge of his top as if embarrassed. Had he realised the choice Kageyama made? Have I made things uncomfortable for him? Kageyama wonders.

"We don't have much other choice. Just stick to your side." Kageyama tells him sternly.

Hinata jumps at the sound of Kageyama's voice and he looks up, face flushed and eyes wide. "Huh? Wah? I wasn't listening."

He's not acting uncomfortable because of this? Something must be on his mind. Kageyama raises an eyebrow and bites to tongue to stop himself asking. Instead he sighs and acts irritated about his friend's poor attention span.

"We're going to have to share the bed. Make sure you stick to your side. I'm not a replacement teddy bear."

Picking up on the subtle insults, Hinata now flushes red with anger. "I'm not some kid that sleeps with a stuffed toy, Kageyama!"

"Shhh!" Kageyama hisses. "My mum is a light sleeper and I will kill you if you wake her up."

Anger gone in a flash, Hinata's eyes widen and he looks to the door, covering his mouth. Kageyama rolls his eyes at how dumb the other boy is acting. Why the hell did Kageyama even invite him here in the first place?!

Oh. Right.. To get some answers. To figure out how he can go about figuring out his sexuality. 

Kageyama sighs and softens his voice. Not so much that Hinata would grow suspicious, though. "Let's just go to sleep."

He has to be careful. They spend almost everyday together for at least five hours. Hinata may not even realise it but he knows Kageyama's traits well enough now to pick up on it when something is wrong or if he's acting weirdly.