Chapter Twelve: Model

It feels like he'd blinked and was back at school. Kageyama had never really had anything against school. School means he gets to play volleyball. Part of him, though, wishes the weekend had lasted longer.

Spending the day with Hinata, exploring caves and having fun. Kissing him. Well, there's not many words Kageyama can think of that sum it up. He settles for amazing. It had been absolutely amazing.

Now they're back at school, it's odd. Hinata hasn't mentioned anything but they're acting like they usually would. Kageyama supposes it's a good thing they're not trying to change but he'd like some sort of indication that Hinata acknowledges things have changed between them. 

Sighing, Kageyama hits the button for a strawberry milkshake.

He wonders if this means that Hinata will be his boyfriend. Of course, he'll have to ask at some point. That makes him frown. There's some kind of etiquette here, isn't there? He's heard girls talking about things like this. There's a certain way that people want to be asked out. Flowers?

Kageyama shakes his head, unable to picture Hinata smiling widely like he does when he's pleased over being handed some plants.

Maybe a new volleyball. That's personal and Hinata will use it. It's a simple but thoughtful gift. Kageyama hums to himself at he pushes the straw through the hole to start sipping his milkshake.

Kageyama rounds the corner to see Hinata stood talking to some girls. They're all laughing and leaning towards the boys. Kageyama raises an eyebrow, jealously wrapping around him easily.

Hinata nods at something one of the girls say before he spots Kageyama. He pushes up on his tip toes and waves at him, coming over and abandoning the small flock of girls. Kageyama can't stop himself from smirking, pleased that the orange haired boy choose him over the girls.

"What did they want?" Kageyama asks.

It isn't exactly the norm for Hinata to have girls flirting with him - not that Hinata seemed to realise it was flirting. The dumbass...

Hinata shrugs. "Nothing, really. They just asked about my weekend."

Kageyama arches an eyebrow before he shrugs it off and starts to walk in the opposite direction to the group of girls who were now talking among themselves. Hinata follows Kageyama.

Kageyama smiles over his shoulder at the shorter boy. Hinata's cheeks turn a furious red and he almost snaps his neck with how fast he looks away. Kageyama looks away and hides his own blush from Hinata. It's hardly fair how cute Hinata looks when his cheeks are such a vibrant pink. 

They walk in silence and before either of them realise it, they've made their way behind the gym where they normally sat with the rest of the team for lunch. It wasn't set in stone that they would always all be there and some days Hinata and Kageyama were the only ones there and sometimes it would be just the first years or Hinata, Kageyama and Noya. Usually if Noya was there than Asahi was too and the same goes for Daichi and Suga but sometimes just one of them would be there. The third years often had work to do during lunch time and Noya and Tanaka liked going round to harass ("flirt with" they said) the girls. 

Today, Tanaka and Noya are already there and Hinata runs up to them. Kageyama rolls his eyes and sits down, leaning against the wall. Noya gasps when he sits Hinata and smiles in that mischievous way that he does. Tanaka laughs loudly and slaps Hinata's shoulder. 

"You've got the girls all over you. What made you so popular, huh?" He asks. 

Kageyama quirks an eyebrow up. He hadn't thought that the group of girls earlier were normal either but he wouldn't go as far as saying that they were all over Hinata. They were very giggly and infuriatingly close to him but beyond that it could have just been a friendly encounter as opposed to a flirty one like Tanaka and Noya seem to think. 

"Uh.. What? I've not got girls all over me." Hinata replies, shaking his head and frowning at his friends. 

"You so do! I've been asked about you twice today." Nishinoya protests, shaking his head before he gives Hinata a firm look. "So, did you have some steamy romance over the long weekend?"

Hinata tenses, face exploding with colour at the suggestion. "N-No!" He stutters, which seems to give Noya and Tanaka the answer they were looking for. 

Kageyama stays quiet, chewing his food as he watches the second years hug and cheers Hinata on as they ask questions like "Was she sexy?". Hinata's stuttering had made it perfectly clear that he's lying to them about something in the nature of a relationship happening over the weekend. Kageyama doubts that Hinata will tell them and his thoughts are confirmed when he just mumbles things like "She was all right." in reply to their questions. 

The response both disappoints and pleases Kageyama. On one hand, he wishes he could happily announce how close he and Hinata got over the long weekend but at the same time he doesn't want to cause a fuss or tell people until he himself knows the exact nature of their relationship. 

"I guess whoever she is told her friends and now they're all over you." Nishinoya laughs as he wraps his arm around Hinata and ruffles his hair. 

Hinata laughs nervously, nodding in agreement and his eyes flash to Kageyama briefly, his confusion clear. Kageyama hasn't said a word, he knows that and he hasn't either so neither of them have an explanation about the sudden increase in female attention he's receiving. 

Lunch comes to a swift end and they all separate to go to their classrooms. Kageyama and Hinata walk in thoughtful silence the whole way there, the air turning awkward and making them both give relieved sighs when the class is within sight. 

Noya and Tanaka separate on their way to the class as Noya needed to go to the toilet. The short boy hums a tune to himself as he goes about his business. After washing his hands (and making sure that his hair was still spiked perfectly, of course), he heads out of the bathroom and almost gets knocked over as a girl runs passed, waving a magazine around as she heads to a group of maybe five other girls. 

"I got one! I got one!" She says excited, coming to a stop by the group and flicking through the pages. They all circle her, giggling as they look at whatever is on the page.

Noya brushes himself off and goes to leave before he hears a familiar name on one of the girls lips - Shoyo. 

He spins on his heel and walks towards the girls, wanting to know what the gossip on Hinata is. He smiles widely as he approaches them. 

"Hey, ladies. So... Do any of you want to enlighten me on why Hinata is suddenly so popular?" He asks, still flashing his charming smile.

Some of the girls glance at each other before the one holding the magazine holds it up to reveal what they were all giggling about. Noya goes cross-eyed as he tries to look at the magazine and backs up a little so he can see it properly. He grins widely when he takes in the picture before him. 

There, in the magazine, Hinata is stood in a pair blue swimming short with stars on. He's on top of a rock and is sticking his tongue out down at whoever is taking the picture. The page is an article about modelling with an interview with a model about how much it had changed her life for the better. 

Hinata... A model? Noya could hardly believe it but why else would Hinata feature in the article? 

He's not exactly sure why all the girls are suddenly going bananas over him but he supposes this must be the reason. Maybe they wanted to be able to say they knew a male model or maybe they suddenly saw the appeal in Hinata now he's got the title of 'model'. 

"Oh, so not some cutie spreading around how great a kisser he is." Noya breathes the words, his smirk growing. He's so not letting Hinata live this down. Noya looks back up at the girl holding the magazine. "Where can I get a copy of this?" He asks. 

As soon as he knows, he bids the girls a farewell and heads to his class. He's not running late, which is good, but he'd had to wait until after class to get one of the magazines. He'd have plenty of time to get it before practise, though. 

Nishinoya can't stop smiling, eager to tease his friend and find out how about this apparent very secret life of cute girls and modelling that he seems to have.