The Hunter's Mate

*(Venn)

As I walked through the forest, I silently cursed myself for not getting a proper sheath for my sword. It was not particularly heavy (being made of silver), but the large amount of noise it made unsheathed was not only irritating, it was a dead giveaway as well. I wore a dark brown overcoat with a hood, though I only used it on rare occasions. Strapped to my belt were bags full of silver powder, bullets, two stakes (one wood one silver) and a 45. Colt revolver with a slightly extended barrel.

The path I was on was trodden down just enough to tell of daily passerby, but very few of them. I looked for any trace signs of paw prints, fur, or particularly odd carcasses pertaining to large game. Finding none, I continued down the path.

As I rounded the corner, I heard a noise that could only be described as crying. It was the howl of a young wolf, obviously scared silly. Going to investigate, I strayed good ten meters from the path to find a young pup, undoubtedly lost. Most likely he had followed this path from his pack village, only to get lost after straying from it. I walked over and scooped the pup up in his arms. It struggled and cried even louder at my unfamiliar scent, but eventually calmed down after I gave him a piece of leftover meat. I continued down the path, a now content pup sleeping in my arms.

*(Lyra)

As I ran through the forest, my large paws hitting the ground almost without a sound, I was all too happy to be on my way back to the pack village from yet another uneventful border patrol. When I reached the main path, I shifted back to my human form and put on my clothes that were stashed in a hole in the side of a tree. I walked down the path and came up over the last hill. With a pack of 57, the village was small, with wood houses that looked like something out of the 60's. My father, the beta of the Blue Moon pack was well respected and as a result, I was too. I could hold my own in a fight and worked hard, so my standing in the pecking order was fairly secure. As I approached the sentries, beginning to report my findings, an overwhelmingly addictive scent overcame me. As I turned around, I bared my teeth, shifting back. Whatever the source of the intriguing smell was, it would have to wait.

*(Venn)

As I approached the encampment, I was immediately charged by a she-wolf. I realized I should have hid the sword, considering it was designed for killing werewolves. Even against enhanced speed and strength, I easily dodged a lunge for my neck. I brought my palm around, pushing the wolfs flank down in such a way that caused her to land on her side instead of her feet. As she struggled to recover, I pulled my revolver out and pointed it directly at her head. When the wolf realized her situation, she froze, shaking, with her tail in between her legs. "Shift" I said angrily. The wolf wined and hunched down; She was clearly against the idea of shifting in front of anyone, much less a hunter with a gun pointed at her. The pup, angry that his nap had been interrupted, started whining from the small sack containing My clothes. The sentries, still in human form, both had confused faces, while my aggressor slumped even closer to the ground as if in shame. I cocked my gun. "Shift" I said once again. This time I tossed her a blanket to cover herself in. I had too many anyways. She sulked over to the blanket in defeat, and shifted.

*(Lyra)

I knew what was going on as soon as the hunter touched me. As shocks rippled down my body, my wolf started yipping at the contact, yelping in my mind: Mate! Mate!Mate! He's ours! 

I just didn't want to believe it. That was when I realized that my 'Mate' had a loaded handgun pointed at my head. Even my wolf couldn't deny such an immediate threat. I was frozen in place, by both fear and awe. "Shift!" the hunter said forcefully. While my wolf loved the idea of being stark butt-naked in front of her mate, I was not so fond of the idea. I went down into a submissive stance and whined, begging him to please respect my privacy. At that point a whining that was not mine came from his pack. "Shift!" He said, throwing his blanket out for me to hide myself in. Then as if to make a point, he cocked his gun. I quickly crawled under neath the piece of fabric and shifted.

// Chapter 2 is coming soon! Its going to be much longer and I will update it as I write, so be sure to check in periodically and like and comment! The comments will be used to further develop the story, including plot. This is a write the ideas down as they come story, so feel free to give suggestions!