Mine

*(Venn) 

I found myself at a loss for words. I knew as soon as I saw her that I couldn't do her harm. My emotions flared up as they never had before, making me wish to stare into her bright blue eyes forever. The pup whined and tried to escape the sack, so I set it down and opened the top, never looking away from those beautiful eyes. She had brown hair, and a fair complexion, with a pronounced, attractive figure. At about 17, she was probably only a couple of years younger than I was. 

The silvers effects on the minds of my company must have worn off, because as understanding dawned on her that I had come to return the pup, a roar sounded from behind me. I rotated my torso only to see a large wolf land on me, pinning my arm under its paw. I felt my arm bend, making a series of popping and cracking sounds. It lunged at my throat. "Wait! Emillee stop! He's MINE!" 

I used the brief moment of 'Emillee's' confusion to slam my palm across her snout, causing her teeth to miss my throat by an inch. Then the wolf looked up, using her paw to pin my other arm down, dislocating it. With my arms out of commission, I finally gave in to the pain, passing out.

*(Lyra) 

"Did you just say what I think you did?" Emillee said through the mind link. 

"Yes, I did! Now if you would please get off my mate!" 

"Lyra, he is a HUNTER! There is-" 

"I don't care! He is mine!"  

Even as I said that, in my mind I knew Emillee was right. Even if he had only come here to return the lost pup, he had no doubt murdered many of my species in brutal, harsh ways. Emillee looked down at the human by her feet (A.K.A-my mate) realizing that he was unconscious. She shifted back to her human form. Emillee and I had been best friends since very young. We had instantly become close friends, and now knew almost all there was to know about one another. By this time, anyone who lived nearby had come to investigate the commotion. One of those investigators being the packs beta, my father. 

As my father approached, he immediately saw the silver sword. His eyes went to me and Emillee worriedly.  

"We're fine." Emillee said quickly 

"You may however, want to have a discussion with your daughter" she said as she winked at me. I glared at her. She knew I was going to want to protect the hunter, regardless of the consequences.  

My dad raised an eyebrow, but continued to have all the mans silver and weaponry ordered to be removed from the premises. When a pair of girls came out to take him to the prison, I unintentionally let loose a menacing growl from the back of my throat. My father started to question me through the mind link, but I shut him out. I didn't want him to know. I was ashamed. Emillee sighed.  

"Would you prefer I helped you take him to wherever you plan on holding him?" She said sarcastically.  

Yes, actually. That had been my plan. She must have seen my distraught emotions through my face, since she sighed and reluctantly picked him up.  

"Come on." She said as if she had just agreed to something she knew she would later regret. 

*

My father was definitely curious by now, but he let us carry the hunter home and pop his shoulders back into place before restraining him to a chair. When that was done, he finally started the questioning.

"May I have an explanation as to why there is a human, not to mention a hunter, strapped to a chair in my living room? I have to give Alpha Brian some explanation, and I would like to know myself as well."

I cringed at my fathers questioning tone.

I turned to my father and started to cry, not quite sobbing, but not exactly silent either.

"Please promise you wont hate me."

"You know I would never be able to hate you Lyra, your my daughter."

"Just do it!" I snapped

"I promise." He said reassuringly.

In almost a whisper I say-"He's my mate."

I started sobbing as my father sighed and closed his eyes. He then hugged me while Emillee tried to calm me down.

After a while, my father said "Alpha Brian wants to know if you are willing to take responsibility if he hurts anyone."

"Yes!" I practically shouted to the Alpha through the mind link.

"Very well then, but I am not taking any chances with a hunter, mate or not. At the first offense, he dies." He replied. Alpha Brian then cut the mind link.

He must have relayed this to my father because he patted me on the back.

My dad went up to his room and went to bed. Emillee gave me a reassuring smile.

"I'll check in on you tomorrow! "

"Bye."

She left the house, and I sat down and watched over my mate from the couch late into the night.

// Finally we get to see some more of Venn's badassery! Oops! Spoilers! Please follow, vote, and comment! ~Eterne