Emillee

*(Lyra) 

After about ten minutes of lobbying, Venn finally got me to let him change into something more comfortable. He was now wearing blue jeans and a white tee-shirt. I would not, however, let him wear his dark brown overcoat. That thing gave me chills when he wore it.  

As we left the house, Emillee charged me and grabbed me in a hug.  

"I have been so worried about you!" 

"It's not like Venn's going to attack us in our own house!" 

"Oh, so his name's Venn is it? And if I smell right, you two slept together!" I blushed. Then she grabbed Venn and pulled him close to her face.  

"If she so much as sheds a tear over you, you'll be shedding a lot more than tears after I'm done with you." 

I was mortified. My best friend had just given my mate a death threat! 

"Point taken." Venn said as he wrapped his arms around me protectively. My wolf purred and then Emillee got one of her 'idea' faces.  

"Emillee, whatever it is, please don't drag him into this!" I groaned 

"If you go, then I'm going." Venn said. 

"It's settled then!" 

Emillee called up someone on her cell. 

"They are coming!" 

She said 

"Coming to what?" I asked 

She shushed me with a finger to her lips. 

"See you soon!" 

She hung up beaming. 

"Get in the car!" 

"Tell me where we're going first!" 

After I said that, Venn dragged me over to Emillee's car and sat me down next to him. 

"I like this guy already!" Emillee laughed. I glared at Venn and he quickly responded by bending over and kissing me on the cheek. My wolf howled with pleasure and I was astonished. Sure, between mates, something like that was nothing, but it was the first time he kissed me, even if it was to bribe me into forgiving him. 

"That's not fair." I said jokingly. 

"All's fair in love and war." Venn responded.  

"Hey would you two lovebirds buckle up? We have to go you know!"

We buckled up and I snuggled closer to Venn. He laughed when the seatbelt held me back.

"Where are we going?!" I ask Emillee impatiently.

"Why did Venn come here in the first place?"

How the hell did she know about the other hunter?

"The pup?" Venn said quickly when he saw my reaction. I blushed. Of course that had been what she meant.

"That's all I'm saying!"

Still, it was a relief to know we weren't going to some surprise party to meet the new pack member. That would be awkward.

// this is the very beginning of this chapter. More will be up soon! Don't forget to follow, VOTE, and comment! ~Eterne