The Escape

*(Venn) 

I woke up to a pain in my wrist. My arms had been relocated. As I listened, I could hear a faint breathing noise to my front left. I opened one eye very slightly to check if it was safe to open my eyes and asses my situation. It was dark, with a small table lamp on a desk. The breathing was coming from a couch in front of me. I was tied to a chair with a thick rope. The chair I was in had edges near where I was tied onto it. Sliding the rope up and down, I eventually wore it down until it snapped with ease. I slowly got up, realizing my weapons were gone. As I went to the couch I saw the girl from before. 

'She is beautiful' I think to myself. Then I scold myself for being so emotional.  

'What has gotten into me?' 

I put my hand over her mouth and grab ahold of her.

"Mmmmmph! Mmmpph! Grrrrph!"  

"Stop struggling!"

I whisper.

At the sound of my voice, she goes quiet and even loosens up some. I feel odd saying this, but not only does it make me happy that she relaxes when she hears me, but I enjoy holding her in my arms! Creepy, Huh?

"Now slowly walk to my weapons." She shook her head.

"Do you realize the situation your in?" 

She nodded her head. I sighed. She was completely unafraid of anything I could (even if i would) do to her. 

This tactic was getting me nowhere, but I didn't want to let her go just yet. "Do you even know where my weapons are?" 

She shrugged. 

"Your coming with me then" 

At that, she started to pull away.  

I pulled her tight up to me, and shocks shivered down my body. We awkwardly made our way to the door, which I made her open with her free hand. I wanted to get well out of the town before dawn, so I walked into the forest. She started to push back against me, trying to get me to stop.  

I waited until we were well out of hearing range until stopping for a rest. 

"I am going to move my hand. If you scream, bite, or anything else that makes this harder for me, I'll have to gag you, and I doubt you would enjoy that. Do you understand?" 

She nodded her head. 

"My name is Venn, and I would like to know yours. Will you agree to that?" She nodded again.  

It was only after I removed my hand  

That i realized how soft her face was, smooth like silk, yet sturdy like denim.  

"We need to go back. Oh and my name is Lyra." 

"Do you really think I will agree to that?" 

"Listen, I have five things to tell you, one of which I will tell you once we are back in my house." 

I waited, deciding to humor her. 

"First of all, I am responsible for anything you do, which is why I haven't used the mind link yet." 

The mind link! How had I not realized that she could use it without the silver in close proximity? I had gotten too used to the luxury of having it around. I paused soaking up the first half of her sentence. 

"Wait why are-" She cut me off mid speech. 

"Second, you will be killed if any hostility is even suspected of you." 

"But why-" She kept going. 

"Third, my father is the packs Beta, and four, you owe me your life." 

"And five?" 

"I told you that you only get to know after we reach the house." 

I sighed. 

The wolves could easily track me, and I had to get my weapons. Then there was Lyra, whom I don't think I could leave behind if I tried. All in all, the only option I had was going back. If they hadn't killed me yet, they weren't planning on any time soon. But why not? It dawned on me that the fifth reason must have been why they didn't kill me. 

"Fine." 

"Really?!" 

I shrugged. 

On the way back, we walked in silence. Upon reaching the house, I saw a man (presumably her father) waiting in the doorway with a mug of some sort. When we reached him, he looked us up and down.  

"Welcome back!" He said jokingly. 

"Lyra, did you tell him through that damn mind link?" I asked, a little nervous. 

"Yes, and you are very lucky you listened to her" her dad said.  

"Well, seeing as I still don't know why I'm here, I guess I should introduce myself! My name is Venn." 

"Jacob, it's nice to meet you Venn!" 

We walked inside and sat down. It was quiet for a long time, and then I finally asked the big question. 

"So what is number five?" 

// Thanks for sticking with this as it develops! Please vote and follow me for lots more!~ Eterne