||Chapter Eleven||

I'm incredibly sorry for taking so long to update you guys. I've been swamped with assignments and presentations, but it's winding down now, so I'll be updating more frequently. Forgive me? [P.S. The pic above is Celeste.] Anyways, here we go!

||Darcie||

I looked at Amelia as if she were insane; out of all the places to hide out, she chose the one girl that never wanted to see her again.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked cautiously.

"You got any other bright ideas French toast?" she whipped back sarcastically. "It's best we just lay low for a while."

"You know, I thought now that you know who I actually am you would give the nicknames a break, I thought very wrong." Secretly I liked the nicknames, I've never really had one before. I never really had friends that would think of giving me one.

"Just because I know who you are wouldn't stop this. You're still french toast." She smiled widely, looking at me.

We were downstairs in the living room, sitting on the couch, while Amelia started telling me her plan.

"I was thinking we could stay at... A friend's house, though I'm not sure if she sees me as such anymore." She said smiling humorlessly.

I instantly got curious, as I sat up straight, staring intently at her. "Who is it?"

"Her name is Celeste... She's my ex-girlfriend."

"I know." I said silently.

Her brows knitted together in confusion as I said that. "How-"

"We've met." I simply said.

"What??? When?" She asked in disbelief.

I wasn't sure if I could tell Amelia what happened. She would start worrying, she would get angry and we didn't need that drama. That's why I made sure to keep the injured cheek away from her sight. I know I couldn't keep it up for long, but at least until I could make up what happened.

"I was looking for you at your house. She was there." I said lying back on the couch trying as much as I could to come off lackadaisical.

"Why was she even there?" She persisted. I was beginning to get irritated with the question but I tried to remain calm.

"I don't know, does it matter?" I spoke, hoping it doesn't sound and harsh as it did in my head.

"Right, sorry about that. It's just been a long time since I've seen her." She sighed, her blue-gray eyes held a blank gaze, seemingly out of focus. I was about to beckon to her but she regained some focus and turned to me.

"Back to the plan, she lives on the other side of the city. If we start driving tonight we might be able to make it in a few hours."

Celeste told me she doesn't want to see her again. I can't tell Amelia that. Not when she looked like she still had unresolved feelings for her. Which brings me back to now.

"You're still very much French and that lovely accent of yours is still there; even though you're Darcie." A kind smile took over her features, it was infectious. I couldn't help but smile as well, which only made her smile widen. She has such a beautiful smile.

I decided to speak before I stared too long. "So we're really doing this? We're leaving tonight?" I asked, finalizing this plan.

She scratched the back of her neck nervously. "What have we got to lose?"