||Chapter Three||

I turned around quickly. "Whoa!" I said with my arm blocking my face even though I was facing the wall now. "Why are you naked?!"

"I always sleep like this." She said. I couldn't see her but I'm almost a hundred percent sure she's doing that adorable head tilt.

"Don't you get cold sleeping like that?" I asked still not turning around.

"My covers keep me quite warm. Stop being so ridiculous Amelia. If it helps I'll go under the covers now so you can turn around." She giggled. I heard the bed squeak slightly, signaling that she's in bed.

"Are you covered?" I asked blushing crazily. It's part of the reason I turned away. Her body was beautiful. Well from the little I saw. Smooth shapely waist, flawless back running all the way down to the curve of her butt. And what an amazing butt, she must do yoga or something.

She giggled again. "Yes Amelia."

I slowly turned around and saw that she was sitting up and holding the sheet up to her chest resting her head on a pillow that was propped up on the headboard.

I took tentative steps to the bed and sat at the edge.

"I won't bite Amelia, calm down. Relax."

I took a deep breath and lay down. I was as stiff as a board. What the hell was wrong with me? I'm usually the cool and collected one. I was so confused because I was so uneasy yet comfortable.

"Go to sleep frenchie." I turned on my side away from her.

"Well now I'm wide awake. Aren't you?" Truthfully I wasn't the least bit tired but I could not face her knowing she was naked under the sheets.

"I'm kinda tired." I lied.

"Kinda." I felt her head tilt this time. "Come on Amelia, now's the best time to talk."

Why does she want to talk right now. It's 3:30 in the morning.

"Can't that wait until day break?" I asked annoyed.

"Well yes but--" Her phone on the bedside table started ringing.

She quickly got out of bed, naked and all and went into the bathroom and quickly closed the door. What was that all about?

I laid back on the bed and tried incredibly hard not to eavesdrop. She was speaking so loudly.

"Do not call me again about that Simon." Was what I heard her say, clear as day. Then she started speaking French fluently and calmly after a while.

"Au revoir." She said then shortly after she came out of the bathroom. I averted my eyes once more.

"What was that about." I asked as I waited for her to go under the covers again then turned to her.

"It's nothing. You're tired, you should get some rest." She said laying down properly and turning away from me.

Whoever the hell that was sure put her in a bad mood and I disliked them for it. "Hey, you wanted to talk, let's talk." I shook her shoulder. Urging her to turn to me. She didn't move, I knew she wasn't sleeping. "Come on frenchie, let's talk." I said still shaking her. I suddenly thought of a question. "What makes me not your type?"

She stiffened under my touch for a moment then turned around to face me. "What are you talking about?" She squinted at me.

"Back at the station you said I'm not your type. Why?"

I relaxed and lay down stretching out on the bed with my hands at the back my head, glad to finally get her attention.

"Well, you see... You're kinda, how do you say...a bit rough around the edges." She said mimicking my current position.