Chapter 15

We start walking back to my house. Me and Rory are holding hands and Peeta is walking in front of us. Every now and then, Rory leans over and kisses me on the cheek. I think it’s cute. We get to our house and walk in. Gale and Katniss look like they are just finishing talking. Last time they didn’t hear us come in; it almost turned into a fight. Peeta makes sure to shut the door hard enough so they know we are back.
“Hey Peeta, do you think you can show me how to frost cakes like you?” I ask him eagerly. I want to be as good as him.
“Sure. Rory, would you like to learn to?” He asks. Just as Rory is about to answer, Gale decides to butt in.
“I said he could be with Prim, not you Peeta.” He says coldly.
“Sorry Rory.” Peeta says, actually looking a bit depressed.
“What is your problem Gale? And who said you were my boss. I do have a mother you know?” Rory says back. I have never heard him be disrespectful toward his brother in my life.
“Yeah, you’re right Rory. You do have a mother. But do you have a father? No, you don’t. So I’m the closest thing you have to one and I know what is best for you.” Gale says not even trying to hide his disgust. Rory is speechless.
“Gale, there is no reason he can’t learn to decorate with Prim and Peeta. Give me one reason right now.” Katniss says.
“I don’t want him to turn into a pansy by learning how to make bread and decorate things. I want him to be a man.” He says. Just then, Peeta turns us around and says.
“You know, I think you two better go outside for a bit. It’s nice out. Go on now. We will get you soon.” And we are out the door.
“Wow that was really brave Rory.” I say.
 “What was?” He asks, honestly not knowing.
“The way you stood up to him.” I say. He smiles.
“Well, if I decorate with you and Peeta, I get to see you more.” He says. We walk around to the side of the house when Rory grabs my hand.
“I want to go somewhere else.” He says and takes off running. We go through town and past the seam into the meadow.
“You wanted to come to the meadow?” I ask confused. Why would he want to come here after what happened last time?
“No, not the meadow.” He says and we keep going. He finally stops and I look up. Right in front of me is the fence. The fence that keeps us in the District. The one we aren’t supposed to go past but Katniss used to anyway. The one that Gale still goes in. The one that Rory wants to go past.