Chapter 4

Peeta and I sit in there for a few moments. I don’t know what to say and for once, he doesn’t either. We know that Katniss has to be the center of everything now, but that seems crazy since she has been from the beginning. I speak.
“Peeta, how are we supposed to make her the center of attention? She already is and has been since before the Games began.”
He says, “Well, I guess we just have to try harder. It shouldn’t be hard for either of us really. She is your sister and the girl I love. It’s pretty easy.” He smiles.
“Yeah, your right. We just have to talk about her all the time.” I say and smile back. We both stand up at the same time and leave my new house. The only room I actually noticed was the one President Snow made us go in, so maybe the rest will be a surprise to me too. We walk out of Victors Village and back to the Bakery. We walk in and Katniss and Gale are still there. They don’t notice us.                   “Katniss, you barely know him. You can’t seriously think you love him.” Gale says. “Well Gale, you better get over it because I do. Why were we just out in the woods? What did we just talk about? I thought everything was good now.” Katniss asks him.                                                                                                                       “That was something a lot of people call lying. Katniss, you belong with me and you know it.” He says to her.
“No Gale, I don’t. I belong with Peeta. You need to get used to it.” She says.
“Doesn’t matter anyway Katniss. You told me a thousand times you would never get married. So why have a boyfriend?” He says boyfriend like it disgusts him.
“Gale, please just understand. I have known Peeta since I was eleven. When he saved my family from starving. I have kept track off him for so long. Did you know last year he came in second place in wrestling? Only after his older brother. How do I just remember something like that without meaning to? I’m telling you Gale, my heart is his.” Katniss says. Gale is too shocked to answer her. Gale’s face is as hard as a rock. No sadness or anything shows. I can see him slowly getting mad and he jumps out of his chair. I can’t believe him. He grabs Katniss by the shoulders and kisses her. What is he doing!? I still think of Gale as very close, but this is just going to hurt more people. Katniss tries to pull away but can’t. Peeta clears his throat loud enough for them to hear and Gale breaks away. He glares at us. Katniss spits on his shoes and runs over to Peeta. He puts his arm around her.
“Gale, I think you should leave.” Peeta says calmly.                                                                         “I’m not going anywhere. Not until Katniss realizes she wants me. A hunter. A real man. Not a baker that plays with dough all day.” He says coldly. Peeta lets go of Katniss and walks over to Gale. Gale is a little taller than Peeta, but Peeta is built better. They look at each other before Peeta talks.                                                                “Gale, why can’t you just be happy for us? If you really loved her, you would want her to be happy. Do you really love her?” He asks.
Gale looks at him bitterly, “More than you ever will Mellark!” He shouts at him. “Gale stop!” I shout. Everyone turns to me surprised by my intensity. I’m shocked myself because I’m usually the sweet one. The one that just sits back and watches things happen. I never take part in the action.
“Gale, you need to go now. Katniss and I have to get back to loading things and Peeta has work. Please, just leave. Now.” I say. Everyone keeps staring at me but Gale walks out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A SHORT CHAPTER!!! Sorry! :D