Chapter 2

Rory gets defensive and grabs my hand. I'm so shocked I almost don't notice it. President Snow just laughs a little. Way to ruin a perfect moment.
"Don't worry, I'm not here for any harm. I just want to have a-" He hesitates, "Chat. With Prim. If that's okay with you, of course." He says to Rory. I don't want to drop his hand, but it seems useless to argue with the President of Panem, so I stand up.
"Why don't you come over tonight and we can finish talking. Dinner is at 6. I think Peeta will be there." I say to Rory. He nods, unwillingly, and leaves to get more stuff. The President says
"So, Prim. Have you seen your house yet? The inside? Because that's where we are headed."
I haven't even seen the outside of the house. I start to walk, but he stops me. "Hold on there, we have to get Peeta too." He says to me.
That's good and bad news. Good, I won't have to face him alone. Bad, Peeta was in the woods last time we knew of. I don't let the emotion cross my face.
"Well, he may be down at his Family's bakery. Want to check there?" I ask him. He smiles and nods.
I can only hope that Peeta and Katniss came back. We walk in silence until we come to the bakery door. We just walk in and find Peeta's mother and oldest brother working on some cookies.
"Oh how delightful! Do you think we could get a dozen cookies please?" President Snow exclaims and Mrs. Mellark looks up. She is shocked to see the president and basically trips over herself to bag the cookies. She gives them to us and introduces herself. "Hello Mrs. Mellark! Have you seen Peeta? Prim and I are having a discussion and we wanted him to join us." He says.
Mrs. Mellark looks mad, "Great, what has he done now. I swear I could just beat that boy!" She says bitterly.
Suddenly, the door behind us opens and we all turn to look. Peeta and Katniss walk in holding hands, and Gale is following behind them. "Ah, there you are!" Says Snow. I breathe a sigh of relief as I realize he is back and is safe. "Hi, is there a problem?" He asks Snow.
His forehead has sweat on it from the long hike through the woods. Luckily, we can blame it on the heat if asked about it.
"Not at all. Prim and I were going to her new house to have a talk. We want you to join us." He says. Peeta doesn't seem like he minds, but I know he does. He looks concern, but covers it up by sounding worried about his working today. "Mother, is it okay if Jonathon covers for me until I get back?" He asks. Of course she can't turn him down with the President right there so she just nods. "But you have that birthday cake to decorate and they are picking it up at 6..." She trails off. "Oh, we will be no more than 20 minutes!" President Snow exclaims. We all start for the door except Katniss and Gale. Katniss grabs my shoulders. She looks to Snow and asks "Can I talk to her real fast?" As politely as she can. "Yes, just send her over when you are done." Snow says sounding annoyed. When he and Peeta walks out, Katniss looks at me.
"What's going on? What happened?" She asks frantically. "Nothing, or, I don't know. Me and Rory were behind the moving van... talking." I say but I can tell by the way I hesitate she doesn't believe me. Even though this is supposed to be serious, she smiles a little. She is calling my bluff. "And he came to collect me. He said he wanted to talk with Peeta and myself. Katniss, I'm scared." I tell her. "Don't be, Peeta will take care of things. He will take care of you too." She says and kisses me on the forehead. "Go on now, they are waiting." I'm actually able to catch up to them as they are entering the house. This is my first time in here, and I'm thinking that I'm not going to like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Short Chapter! Sorry! Vote, Comment, and keep reading! :D