Chapter 36

A/N: Sooooz... No one entered my contest =,( Oh wells! For those who've fanned me, you'll updates about a story titled 'Thoughts From A Nobody', but it's not a story, more like a journal and random thoughts from a nobody, aka me!(: So feel free to ignore it, haha! On with the show...

  "I can't believe the stupidity of that guy! And then threatening to charge me extra? Cmon!" Continuing my rant I went on about how the Subway guy messed up my order by putting on Ranch sauce when I clearly said not to, and didn't give me enough banana peppers, then telling me I'd be charged extra since I'd said that I wanted ranch. I was about to go and jump over the dumb counter and stuff the toppings into various holes in his body, particularly the ones on his face and *ahem* 'bum'.

  "Mhmm.."

  "Plus he flipped me off! Isn't that like against the employee rules or something? Hey! Are you even listening?"

  Corey shrugged his shoulders while taking a bite of his sandwich. "Mmmph."

  "What did I just say?!" I challenged, narrowing my eyes.

  "I dunno," he drawled. "Hey!"

  "What?"

  Getting up off my bed, he walked over to my vanity and picked up a necklace from the hanger thingy, you know those figures or whatever of dresses that have little hooks? Yeah. "You still have this?" He held up a small chain with a heart shaped pendent on it. 

  "Well obviously." I replied sarcastically. I had once thought about throwing it out, but just couldn't... It was stupid and cheap, but hey.

  "Wow, I remember when I gave this to you! Pizza Hut, right?" 

  I nodded. "You wanted that skull necklace from that thing where you insert 25¢, and were so disappointed you got the heart instead you started crying!"

  "Eh. I don't remember that part," he said winking at me. "I DO remember you making me wear it to school one day, cause you double-dog-dared me to..." I burst out laughing. Back in 4th grade, double-dog-daring was such a threat. 

  "And all the guys made fun of you for it! And there was that really mean 5th grader who asked if you were gay, and you said yes cause we thought it only meant happy!!!" 

  "Oh lord, don't remind me," he shuddered. "But hey, the next week, alot of kids from our grade showed up wearing chains with random things on them, remember? I set a new trend!" I snorted, remembering how Corey had had some groupies already back then. Including the girl who would later turn out to be the hugest bitch in the world. That's one thing about Georgia I didn't miss.

  I stood up the rolly-chair I'd been spinning lazily in and promptly fell straight down with a loud "Oooomph!" and blanked out into my own little world. Why did this house have to have stupid hardwood floors? Whatever happened to good old soft carpet? Groaning, I turned over on my back, regaining my senses.

  "-ay?"

  Looking up, I gave a confused 'Huh?'. Corey was on the floor beside me panicking. 

  "Holy shit! I thought you hit your head and had a concussion! Are you okay? How many fingers am I holding up? What happened? You remember everything right? What's my name?" I smiled wickedly inside, deciding to have some fun.

  "J... John? Is that you?" Corey's eyes went wide and he started freaking out.

  "Holy shit! I gotta get you to the hospital!" Putting his arms underneath me, he picked me up and started to carry me out.

  "Chill your balls, I'm fine!" Nearly dropping me in surprise, he looked at me still wide-eyed. 

  "Holy shit! Belle, don't ever do that to me again! You scared the living daylight out of me!!!" 

  "Language John, language."

  "Why do you keep calling me John???"

  "Isn't that your name?" I asked as innocently as possible, trying to not laugh.

  He narrowed his eyes at me and said, "Oh, you little she-devil. I'll get you for scaring me!" I tried to scramble away, but failed to seeing as I was still in Corey's arms. His firm muscular warm arms... Whoa, wait what? Noooo. Take back that thought! What the hell?

  I was so caught up in my internal argument with myself that I didn't notice it when Corey lowered me onto the bed and sat on my legs. I snapped out of it as soon as I felt his hands on my stomach, fingers wiggling. 

  "OhmygoshCoreySTOP!!!!" I started laughing uncontrollably trying to pry him off as he kept tickling me, but it was like trying to move a brick wall. "Corey stop I'm sorry I didn't mean to please stop I'll do anything!" I managed to get out when he paused to let me catch a breath of air so I didn't die. He just smiled as he started tickling me again, and I couldn't work in another plea over my involuntary laughing. After what seems like years, he finally quit and got off of me smirking. I just laid there taking a very long moment to regain my breath. As soon as I felt my heart start beating at a steady pace again, I leapt up like a cat and started punching Corey in whatever areas I could reach. 

  "You jerkface! I could've died."

  "Well then it's a good thing I stopped, huh? Saved your life twice!" He grinned as if me hitting him didn't phase him one single bit... Which it probably didn't. "Speaking of which, how exactly did you fall again? I mean, who crumples to the ground as soon as they stand up? Shake my head," he said while doing the action along with it. 

  "Okay, no more Facebooking for you! And well my foot was kinda asleep but I didn't realize it until the ground was giving me a hug..."

  "Uhh-huhhhh..."

  "It's true! Cause you know I sit with one leg under me?"

  "Freak." I only scrunched my nose up at him, and he flicked it. 

  "Ouch! What kind of idi-..." I trailed off as I realized how close Corey and I were. And then I realized where I was sitting - on his lap. Straddling him. On my bed. I. Was sitting. On my hunk of a ex-best friend. That I should hate. The thought processed slowly through my head. And then, for the second time in the past hour, my mind completely blanked on me again as I looked into Corey's smoldering hazel eyes, which were more green than usual.

   I don't know how long we just looked at each other, neither of us daring to break the moment, both slowly, but surely, leaning in. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pressed his forehead mine, lips barely brushing mine. 

  At first the kiss started off so gently, I almost couldn't feel any pressure, yet I couldn't deny the sparks. Then, he snaked one arm around my waist, gripping me closer to him while the other traveled up to cup my face and started deepening the kiss, but he didn't try to shove his tongue down my throat like I'd always assumed he would (Not that I'd ever thought about him kissing me, I just meant when I saw him around other girls!). Instead, he kept it gentle and sweet and I felt myself craving more. After what seemed like a lifetime, we broke apart, dizzy and out of breath.

  "Wow..." he whispered.

  "Wow." I repeated smiling.

  Later that night, I went to bed with a smile still plastered on my face, although there was a feeling in my stomach that I couldn't quite place. I just shrugged it off, and snuggled under the covers. Just before I lost consciousness though, I realized what it was, and why - Adam.

A/N: =O Uh ohs. Somebody's in trouble. Sorry for not uploading sooner guys! And wow, is it awkward or what writing about a fictional character with the same name as you. I regret being lazy and non-creative now. It's weird.