Chapter 25

Monday morning. I was so not looking forward this! I would chicken out at the last second, and say something immature out of nervousness, I just knew it. Glancing at my reflection one last time, I threw on some powder to make my skin not as shiny (How preppy does THAT sound? Wow...), debated on whether I wanted to put on any makeup, and walked to my car after about 10 minutes of staring at myself, deciding to look as I did everyday, as if today wasn't a big day. I was so caught up in my thoughts already... And it wasn't even 7:30 AM yet! Turning to the passenger's seat so I could throw my backpack into it, I yelped in surprise. 

  "What?" Corey asked startled.

  "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY CAR?!"

  'You just said I could ride with you to school...", he said as if I was crazy.

  "What?"

  "I asked if I could catch a ride with you to school, and you said sure. Are you okay?..." How did I not remember this? Wow...

  "Um yeah. Fine. Okay. Um..." Awkwardly, I pressed the start button (my car was one of the newer ones where you only had to have the keys close to the car to start it) and started driving. I didn't even realize how close we were to the school until I was pulling into the student parking lot.

  "You didn't hear a word I said, did you?" Corey stated with a sigh.

  "Um. No, sorry."

  Giving me a half-hearted smile, he went off to his locker, after saying thanks. Where was the sarcastic remark that usually came after it?...

  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Adam walking away, frowning. Uh oh... I sprinted towards him, hoping he didn't think anything was just happening between me and Corey. 

  "H-h-hey Adam," I panted, out of breath. I seriously needed to hit the gym more often, holy crap!

  Smiling, Adam said, "Yes you do." I shot him a confused look, and he rolled his eyes, saying, "You said your thoughts out loud again." 

  "Crap! Sorry!" 

  "Ha, it's fine, I find it amusing," he said with a wink. Embarrassed, I playfully punched his arm. 

  "Oh shuddup." He just grinned some more.

  "Um, Adam?" Here it was, now or never...

  His expression becoming serious, he asked "What?" I guess he already knew...

  "So, um, you know, when you asked about um... Youandmemaybegoingout?"

  "Uh. Yeah?" 

  "Well... Ifyou'dwanttogooutwithmeI'dwantyouto," I blabbered out, turning red. This was so embarrassing! I'd rather be singing "I'm A Little Teapot" and doing the dance in a pink tutu! 

  Adam's smiled as if he was trying to get his lips to touch his ears. "Seriously?!" He asked hopefully.

  Smiling too, I said "Seriously." I was rewarded with a giant bear hug, only this time, it wasn't a friendly big-brother squeeze. It was a hug-hug... Don't ask me, you'll only know if you've had this experience! Now stop thinking I'm crazy. 

  I wrapped my arms around him, thankful he didn't try to kiss me like guys always do in those cliche novels that my friend Tina reads, all the while hoping I'd made the right choice.

A/N: Sorry if it isn't great, I sorta rushed something for you guys because I'm going to Orlando tomorrow through Sunday. HOLY CRUD, CAN YOU BELIEVE WE'VE HAD 200k READS? WHOA! And yes, again, I know this is short. I have 17% of my battery left though, and I'd rather upload a short chapter before I go then nothing at all. You guys deserve better, but still! <3 you all! Vote and Comment!

P.S. I just wanted to let you guys know, I read all the comments! I might not reply to them all, just a few, but still, I READ THEM ALL. Especially since Wattpad sends them to my email... Eh. 

P.S.S. Oops, song of the chapter! Um... Party In Your Bedroom by Cash Cash. Haha!