Chapter 30

"...and her face got all red and she started frikken making the weirdest noise in the world, and I tried so hard to keep from busting out laughing!" I started chuckling just remembering it, as I told Adam what'd happened earlier that day. 

  "Wow Belle, you're crazy," Adam laughed. 

  "Why thank you so much!" 

  Adam and I were sitting on the swing in the local kid's playground, and while it wasn't the most comfortable place to be, it wasn't too bad either. 

  "So how was your day?" I asked. "Anything interesting, other than being around me happen?" I joked.

  With a throaty chuckle, he playfully pushed me off his lap, and I toppled to the ground.

  "Owwwwwwww-ch!" I whined, getting up and brushing powdery white sand off of my jeans. 

  "That's for implying I have no life." Adam said with a wink.

  "Well you don't!" I teased.

  "Oh ha ha ha," he replied sarcastically.

  Suddenly, I asked, "Hey, Adam? Why do you live with only your mom?"

  For a second, he froze, an emotion flashing in his eyes. "My parents are divorced."

  "Ohhhhh. Yikes, I'm sorry."

  “It's fine. They're both happier this way. Actually, my mom likes my stepmom, they're friends. My brother doesn't think so highly of her though."

  “Oh… I’m soo sorry Adam. Wait… You have a brother?”  At his house, all I’d seen was his mom. And trust me, I was there a lot – plus, I live across the street, and I’ve NEVER seen anyone other than the guys I know go to his house.

  “I’ve never told you about him?”

  “NO!!!” I yelled.

  “Okay, okay, geez, hold your horses! Well, I have a brother.”

  “I think we’ve already established this…”

  “Uh, sorry. His name’s Elijah, but everyone calls him Eli. Actually, he’s moving here with us…” Adam took his phone out, checking the date. “Oh shit.”

  “What?” 

  “He’s moving in today.” 

A/N: Dude. I have no wifi at my house. WTF? Curses to AT&T. I'm at Borders, and supposed to be doing a project, but I've had this in my Word thingy for a while and haven't been able to post. Ughhh! I hate not having wifi... Anyways. Long time no post, this is long overdue isn't it? Haha... Sorry! Like, comment, vote... Bla bla bla. And again, Sorry that it's so short, but you guys expect that now, don't y'all? =D And hey, how 'bout that bomb that I just dropped? Teehee.