Chapter 9

"I'm s-s-sorry, I'm n-not usual-l-ly like t-this-s," I sniffled pathetically. 

"Don't worry about it. Everyone has to show signs of being human every now and then ya know," he said with a knowing smile. 

Aww, what a sweetie. Suddenly my common sense kicked in, and I snapped my head up, looking at the stranger. 

  "Who the hell are you?"

He looked stunned, and blinked a few times. "My name's Adam. Um, I just moved here..." 

Now he looked scared, although I noted that he didn't pull away. 

  "Sorry, that was rude, especially since you've been so nice to me. I'm Belle... Hey, how old are you?" In my opinion, he looked around 17 or 18. Now I took my time to study him. Hmm... He had shaggy surfer-ish brown hair, and the tips were a slight shade lighter at the ends, but it looked natural. He had ordinary chocolate brown eyes, rimmed with long eyelashes. The innocent, happy sparkle in them made his eyes seem different though... He definitely used some acne product, his face was nearly baby smooth with a few freckles and a few bumps on his chin. He most definitely worked out, I could feel his abs just leaning on them, and his arms that were around me were strong. I could tell he was going to be popular at school. He probably was going to join a sport too. I realized I'd been staring at him, and blushed seeing that he was intently looking at me too. 

  "You okay now?" He asked, a frown tugging at his lips. I couldn't help but wonder if this guy was real, he seemed like the sort of person you only read about in a book. 

  "Pinch me, I think I'm dreaming..."

Suddenly I was shaking as he started laughing. "You're adorable. Oh, and to answer your question, I'm 16." 

  "Holy crap, you serious? What school are you going to??" Please say Walter Hughes High, please please PLEASE! 

  "Some school named Walt High? Or something like that. I don't remember." 

Hell yea! 

  "That's the school I go to," I said beaming at him. Wow, since when was I so friendly? 

His face lit up, and he smiled. "I was hoping you'd say that." I looked at him, and felt an urge to close the gap between us. Unconsciously, I started leaning into him, and he did the same. I closed my eyes, when suddenly a car horn interrupted my thoughts. Damn it...

I jumped up, shooting an apologetic look at Adam, who was red-faced, and turned to the source of the sound, bracing myself. I already started making excuses to tell my mom. Then I realized it wasn't my mom's car. Who the heck was it? I hadn't seen this car around before. When I saw who it was, I heaved a sigh, and was immediately back into a foul mood. 

  "Get off my property you bastard!" I threatened. 

His ingenious response was to hold up... My jacket! Crap. I walked over to him and snatched it out of his hands. 

  "Thanks, now go away Corey."

  "Belle, I'm sorry! I really really really am! Words can't even begin to cover how bad I feel. I can't even start to explain..." 

  "Then don't. Bye." I turned around and started walking back to my house. I felt his hand violently grab my arm and pull me back. 

  "Ouch Corey, let go. That hurts," I whimpered, trying to get out. I tried to hit him, but I was in too much of an awkward position. 

  "Listen to me you bitch," he growled. "I-" Suddenly he stopped, and I was released. When I turned to him, I saw why. 

Adam had grabbed him by the neck and pinned him against the car. His face was in Corey's, and he looked murderous. 

  "Don't talk to Belle like that. Apologize." 

Corey's eyes looked as if they were going to pop out of his head, and he made some incoherent noises. Adam let him go, and raised his fist back. 

Suddenly though, he stopped and backed away. Shaking his head, he muttered some things I'd rather not repeat under his breath, and glare at Corey. 

  "If I ever see you again do ANYTHING to Belle that I don't like, or she doesn't like, I'm gonna beat your ass. That's a promise. Now do like she said, scram." 

He walked slowly towards me, probably thinking I was scared, so I gave him a tight smile. "Thank you..." I whispered as Corey sped off. This was going to be a good year.

***********************************************

A/N: I like putting author's notes, I feel as if it adds a more personal touch, dontcha agree? I wanna say that if you noticed, my username's Ninja_Belle17, and the main character's name is Belle. No, this is not a true story. The characters are based on people in my life, and their personalities are a bit 'borrowed' from them, but this is a truly fictitious story. Ohhhh, and, I FRIKKEN LOVE YOU GUYS! Seriously. Ya'll are the most awesomest people ever(: Just thought you should know. Okay, that's enough babbling for now. Oh, wait! I'm gonna start posting a song I want you to check out at the end of my author's notes(: It's this random thing I feel like doing. So... Vegas Skies by The Cab. Check it out! Okay, now I'm seriously done. Peace!

- The Real Belle