Chapter 20

Corey's POV

  I stood by the back of Belle's light blue Highlander, bracing myself for the worse. Knowing her, she'd cuss me out then kick me when she saw me... Ouch, I can already imagine the pain between my legs just thinking about it! Yikes... I saw a petite figure walking up, and stop haltingly. I took a deep breath, preparing myself. 

  "What are YOU doing here?" The disgust was written in her face, and showed in her voice.

  "Um. I need a ride home?..." Why does she have this effect on me? For all the years I've known her, it's always been like this. She puts me through the hell I deserve, and I fall for her even more every time...

  "Oh really?", came her sarcastic reply, and I nodded. For a moment, she seemed to actually consider it.

  "So is that a yes?" I hopefully asked.

  "Where's that thing you were attached to a few days ago?" 

Dammit.

  Here's what I mean when I say she always drags me through hell. "I can't believe you did that, you frikken bitch. I'm never gonna forgive you." Lie. I've already forgiven her, as I always have... "You're so immature!" That part's true at least...

  "And I'M never gonna forgive you sweetie." I flinched, the way she said it was the tone of voice you'd hear a teacher using with a kindergardener, but the meaning behind them canceled that out.

  "I-"

  "Just get in the car," she said exasperatedly. Wait, what?

  She didn't talk to me, or even look at me during the whole 15-or-so minutes. I kept telling myself to be mad and yell at her for the picture, but somehow, I just couldn't. You know that feeling like when you have a cute little puppy, and it's just peed on your newly cleaned, deep-shampooed carpet, and you're supposed to yell at it? But looking at it's face, and seeing it, you just can't bring yourself to do so. That's how it was with Belle. Every time I pictured that photo of me and Caitlyn, I felt guilty, instead of mad. I think there's something wrong with me...

  Tell you the truth though, I don't even like Caitlyn. I saw Adam's car outside of Whataburger, and then saw him with Belle, and something came over me. I was driving her (Caitlyn) home from a date, planning on the usual (act all romantic, have sex with her, then leave before she woke up), but as soon as I saw Belle laughing with Adam, I pulled into the parking lot. I made sure that me and Caitlyn were in a spot where they were sure to see us, then started making out with her, hoping to get Belle jealous. I guess it kinda backfired, huh... 

  Suddenly, my body was slammed forward as Belle forcefully braked. 

  "Out." she commanded, all but pushing me out of her car herself. I slowly got up, wondering if I should tell her, but then she reached over, slammed the door closed, then sped into her driveway. I guess not.

  Lying in bed, I got a giant headache from thinking so much. About Adam, and how he was the 'perfect guy', always doing the perfect thing at the perfect moment. A modern Prince Charming, come to sweep off the princess off her feet. Then there's me. Your average guy, the player of players, in love with the princess. I couldn't do ANYTHING right, from starting drugs, to being my own worst enemy, not to mention many other people's. How could I ever compete? Here's the answer: I couldn't. Sighing, I closed my eyes, and images of Belle in a white dress with Adam beside her became implanted in my brain. I am seriously screwed up... Princesses, brides... What the crap?! 

  Grabbing my cell phone, I hit 1, and then the call button. Minutes later, I was over at the front of my... friend's, Reno, house. I struggled with myself for a few seconds, thinking if I wanted to change for Belle, this wasn't the way to do it. That disappeared when my phone started vibrating, and I saw who it was - the one, the only, Adam. I angrily threw my phone in the passenger's side, then yanked the door open, storming my way into Reno's. The familiar sweet and sour smell immediately calmed my nerves. I found him facedown on the couch, already passed out, and grabbed the pipe slipping from his fingers. Taking long drags, I left all my problems behind and entered the bittersweet world of obliviousness.

A/N: =0 Bad Corey! Don't you agree? Hmmph. I wonder what'll happen. Okay, so, onto a whole different topic: I JUST GOT MY PANIC! AT THE DISCO DELUXE BOXED SET. I AM IN HEAVEN. <3. If you haven't yet, check them out! Your song suggestion: ANYTHING BY PANIC! AT THE DISCO! Alright, so I have chores to do, so enjoy! Comment/Vote. Mwah!